Thread: Never in america?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    NY Times

NEW ORLEANS, Sept. 8 - Waters were receding across this flood-beaten city today as police officers began confiscating weapons, including legally registered firearms , from civilians in preparation for a mass forced evacuation of the residents still living here.

No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns or other firearms, said P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of police. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons," he said.

But that order apparently does not apply to hundreds of security guards hired by businesses and some wealthy individuals to protect property. The guards, employees of private security companies like Blackwater, openly carry M-16's and other assault rifles. Mr. Compass said that he was aware of the private guards, but that the police had no plans to make them give up their weapon.
    no offence to Wolf and Copper but i really think the NO Police should attempt to take the guns from the Blackwater employees, could make for interesting TV, those boys take their jobs very seriously. anyone else see some potential bloodshed here?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no way that I would give up my guns. NO WAY!! If I was in that situation, where you had hoodlums running around raping and stealing people's property, they would have to take my guns by force. I would not give them up. I think that is completely a violation of a law abiding citizens constitutional rights.
    It's like the song by Charlie Daniels says "If you don't want trouble then you better just pass me on by."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha! So the rich can protect themselves and their property with guns, but not the poor. Welcome to America, 2005!!!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yah know whats really F'ed up? Even Iraqi households are permitted to have an AK-47 and one magazine - to protect themselves in the absence of effective law enforcement. I guess we can infer that our government trusts Iraqis more than American citizens, and that our military personnel in NOLA need more protection against armed civilians than our troops fighting in Iraq. Bizarre to say the least!
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last flippin' thing NO needs is more guns. IMO

Let me get this straight...y'all get pissed when people with guns do what people with guns do, i.e., shoot at other people and objects,...yet you want more people to have guns? You can't have it both ways. IMO.

In this case, I trust National Guard guy with his gun a lot more than I trust Joe Blow with his. After all, it's not the national guard who are holding people up at gunpoint, shooting and looting..it's Joe Blow. Too freaking bad, whiners...you temporarily lose your firearms. How ever shall you survive? Boo Hoo Hoo. IMO.

Blackwater employees should not have guns, ever. What an evil company. IMO
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    april, do you have any clue how many ppl are just protecting their family and property and are not out shooting and looting? the Mayor of New Orleans is stomping on the constitution with this idiocity. the second amendment is in place so that Joe Blow can defend himself, his family and his property from murderers, theves and the government. that is what the founding fathers intended the second amendment for, nothing more nothing less. England and Austrailia have proved that taking guns away from law abiding citizens is the best way in the world is the best way to raise the violent crime rate. in all reality i firmly believe that the national guard should hand out a 12 gauge and 20 rounds of buckshot to all those who want to stay and protect their property. the looting and murder by the scum who are getting away with it at present would stop quite quickly if a bunch of good ppl were armed.
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, the right to bear arms is as important in guarding against the government as against common criminals and thieves. I don't want to start a huge debate here, but the actions of the local and federal governments in response to the hurricane likely cost hundreds of lives, and those now in the "custody" of the National Guard have some harrowing tales to tell about how much they are being and have been "helped."

I've never owned a gun, and generally don't like gun culture. But this disaster has changed my mind. I feel like I can no longer trust the government to do its job. The level of incompetence and ill-intent is just too high. I now know I have to take care of myself.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually given most of the info i have seen im more peved at the Louisiana gov't and NO's leaders than anything. the feds could have been there earlier but the Mayor and Governor refused to sign the paperwork allowing the Gov't to step in. the federal government couldnt just come in without being asked as it would be considered a hostile invasion and unconstitutional as all heck. i hate to say it but i think the local gov't has more to answer for than the federal in this disaster.
    cervid serial killer

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast