What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yay!  Baby is here!  Pics inside!

I wish you all the very best. Your baby is beautiful--enjoy fatherhood!

mixed-smiley-048.gif

CONGRADULATIONS!

Best wishes!They grow up way to fast.

Jerry

All my congrats Andrew. Enjoy your new addition to the family!

Cole

Congrats! Wishing all of you(remember there is three now)the very best. I have two teenage daughters, and a large gun collection.
p.s. it's not official until you have two kids.

Well, tonight she is doing even better. She has been removed from the oxygen "tent" where the oxygen was being kept at about 28% (room oxygen is about 21%) and she is holding stable. One nurse said "Unofficially, I think you'll have teh baby in your room tomorrow" So that's good
smile.gif
But we'll see. It seems she's done grunting and the breathing has slowed to normal. Although, not too uncommon for them to fall into it, they think it is unlikely. Soooo.... I guess that's all for now.
smile.gif

Andrew

Hooray babies! She's a cutie, but then I'm a sucker for kids. Congratz Andrew, enjoy it while you can. ^_^
~Joe

Hey Andrew...how's that space game coming along??  
laugh.gif

smile_n_32.gif

Glad to hear she's doing better.  
smile.gif
 How's Deangela feeling?

PAK, i'm doing great actually!!! I check it about 3 times a day
smile_n_32.gif
it's open in another window right now actually...hahaha
Anywho, we were met by our pediatrition this morning and given the rundown on Laurel. They are gonna go ahead and keep her at the hospital for 7 days for antibiotics just to be safe... They started her on them the day she was born, just in case of pnemonia although, all cultures so far are non-positive. Everthing is looking great though! I was in to see Laurel, with Laurel this morning (Hi Laurel!!! yeah, i gave her this link so she's reading along with you all... hehe) and they said they want Deangela to try and breast feed today. Maybe depending on how that goes... We can start having her in our room. But i think tommorow Deangela has to go to this other room where i cannot stay... it's like a complimentery thing so mom can be there for feeding and such, but it isn't really a private room so i can't stay.... We'll see what happens with that. But I'm very excited to see Laurel feed off of mom. It'll be nice. Canden never got to do that... I'm sure Deangela will be very happy too... I think that's all for now. Ta -Ta lol

Congradulations
smile.gif

My friends mum also had a baby a few days ago

Dino

Hi Laurel No. 1! Thanks for taking such good care of Canden while he was here...and also Andrew, Deangela and Laurel No. 2.
smile.gif

I think she is being made so comfortable at the hospital she doesn't want to leave. I'm sure she is going to be just fine. I do hope you get to have her in the room with you soon. It must be hard to have her away from you. But you got the next 18+ years to have her around.
smile_m_32.gif

Well, first thing this morning, we got up to do the bathroom thing, and Deangela got a major headache and felt sick. So the nurse delt with that with medication. Then ahe next time, same thing... So, they had the anistegiologist come in and talk to us. He thinks it is a spinal leak.. That means spinal fluid is leaking from the spine, so when she stands up, her brain is basically sitting on her skoal. Aparently, that hurts
confused.gif
Anyway, out of all the solutions we chose to try some cafinee pills... Then he came back and they had none, so they wanted to restart an iv and give it that way. I offered to go buy some and they were all up for that. So i did. then just a lil bit ago, we got up and used the bathroom, all was fine... so we went to the nursury and she held laurel, and all was fine... so we went back to the room for shift change.. i came home to do my stuff... and when i get back we're gonna go do the breast feeding thing. mmmm... i think that's it.
Andrew

I'm glad everything is going good. You deserve it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and when i get back we're gonna go do the breast feeding thing. mmmm... i think that's it.

If you get a chance..... Oh nevermind.
confused.gif

I"m not the presedent, there is no reason to cut up my words and slop them together... hahahaha but yes, i do think there will be time.
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
back i go... SEE YA!

Well, the breast feeding (once we finnaly got there) went perfectly. So, the nursury is going to call us whenever Laurel wakes up and is hungry. Which isn't every 3 hrs since she is still on IV. They called and woke us up this morning at like 4:15 and we went up and fed... So maybe it'll start being more freqent... Deangela has been doing pretty good... This morning she started to get a head ache again, but it went away pretty quick and never got so bad as it was... Doesn't help that we didn't get up a single time last night and take the caffine pills ....
Andrew

So...what do they do about the leak?? Does it heal on its own? I'm sorry to hear she's going through that. Hope it gets better soon.

I'm glad the breast feeding went alright. Sometimes they won't take it. Sounds like everything is progressing.
smile.gif

Keep the updates coming.

Right now she is consuming 200 mg of caffeine per 3 hrs.. That is supposed to help. We are now starting to drop down the dosses of that though. As of now it is working... But if it comes back once we drop the caffeine level or are off of it, then a blood plug will be nessasary. They take blood from your arm, and put it in your spine, it coats the area that holds spinal fluid and "plugs" the hold... Hope it doesn't come down to that. Getting stabbed in the spine once is enough i'd say!! But so far, all is good. She is now walking to the nursury... Laurel is feeding so well, they are gonna start weaning her off of the IV and move her over to mommy food. I think deangela will be discscharged today or tommorow....
Andrew

Well, aparently the nurses are going to be able to arrange for us to stay in a closed area of the hospital over the weekend. So we can keep up the every 3-4 hr. breast feeding... on this schedule we have alredy dropped her IV infusion by almost half. she should be off of the IV nutrition by tonight or early tommorow at this rate
smilie4.gif
So, all is going great... I guess getting up every 3-4 hours wouldn't be too bad... If we could stay in our room. but instead we gotta walk down the halway, ring the bell to get in the nurusry, wash up then feed then walk back... so i don't wanna hear anything from new parents just having to get up and get out of bed over to the cradle.
smile_m_32.gif

Ask them about doing a blood patch to DeAngela's spine.

The reason i say this is that I when I was being diagnosed for MS, I had to have a spinal tap. In most people, the hole in your spinal cord heals right up, in some people it doesn't. I had the lumbar puncture on Thursday, and suffered with a leak until the following Tuesday..and I drank tons of coca cola as suggested.  The pain DeAngela is feeling is her brain slamming into the bottom of her skull, because there's not enough fluid there to "float" her brain.

My doctor finally admitted there was some sort of problem, and sent me back to the hospital for a blood patch.

What they did: They numbed up the skin (OUCH)on my back where the needle for the spinal tap went in. They drew about a tablespoon of blood from my arm, made me assume a very tight fetal position on the examining table, and injected the blood back into my spinal cord, in or near the original hole.

Yeah, the novacaine shot hurt, but it does not hurt as bad as having your brain hit the bottom of your skull everytime you sit or stand up..believe me...

The effect was instantaneous. I sat up a minute later and was all better. I had to take it real easy for a day, as from what I understand, the blood patch basically forms a scab over the hole in your spinal cord, and you have to take it easy or the patch can become dislodged.  For a few weeks afterward, when I'd stand up, I'd hear the sound of the ocean in my ears, but I was okay with that.  Then the fluid re-built itself, and that went away.

Just a suggestion, made from experience.  Beautiful baby, that one! Congrats! Hope mom feels better soon!

Back