What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If an ancient roman were transported to modern ame

Take him on a ride in a car, I bet he's never ever been at the speed of 100km/h. Take hime on an elevator onto a skyscraper. Show him the television, cell phone, and other communication devices. Show him a plane, I'd bet he'd be freaked. Guns, scubadiveing gear, bicycles, sneakers, cameras ('it captured my soul!
laugh.gif
'), robitics, mp3s, electricity and how things can be transfered through a wire, lights, helicopters, and last but not least, todays recreational systems like video games. Lots of things we take for granted like showers would probably amaze him. Its true that their concrete has lasted quite a while, but we put an expiry date on ours due to safty. If the human race was to dissappear today, our buildings would last that same amount of time, if not more.

Also, try showing him cps, I bet he would have never thought of carnivorous plants
smile_n_32.gif
. Also, our knowledge of nature would also surprise him. I don't think an average Roman would have ever thought a Rainforest existed. Zongyi

The Romans were explorers, and technologically advanced for their day.

I think a lot of modern marvels would only briefly surprise him. I think somebody from the middle ages would be more likely to consider modern technology as witchcraft.

Back