3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I was near the beach I found a stash of fish skeletons under a bush. I thought it was weird.

The last pic is to give some idea that these were all large fish. I wear size 13 boots and they were a little longer than my boot. I just wonder who or what put them under the bush. I'd say it was a cat.

Just before the last squall moved onto shore I thought I would give my dog a chance to go outside while the weather was relatively calm. He didn't want to go out and I thought he looked so pitiful looking in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was probably afraid the fish eater was ready for something new and different.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck and hang tight~!

here in souuthdakota iv hade a few storms here eith 85 mph gusts, but definatly not theamount of rain your talking about! Our storms move fast so usually they dont put down more than 3 inches.

I cast imagin that kind of water here. the neiborhood would be devestated from pur poorly drained soil. Goodluck, and hope the basement stays dry!
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really don't have basements here. I have never seen a house with one in this area. The land here is very swampy and it can absorb a great amount of rain. Although the amount it can absorb is less and less everyday due to the draining of the swamps to build.
    They are predicting 5 to 10 inches of rain with this storm. Although the winds are only 75 mph, it will cause a lot of trees to fall because of all the rain it's going to produce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    75 MPH and trees are falling? WOW! even the silver maples escape damage from winds that strong and very hevy rain here!

Your trees must be wussy [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our trees are not wussy's the soil is. The soil is so soft and damp it won't hold up trees like your rock hard soil in SD. Another thing, if this was a fast moving storm, I wouldn't expect much damage. But we are going to have tropical storm winds for 3 days. And with all this rain, somethings got to give.
    You want to talk about strong trees, our pine trees here NEVER get blown over. The have a root that goes straight down as far as the tree is high. They only break, they never fall over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow what beatifull weather you are having [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

i love storms, i love to be out when they happen, the feeling of being barefoot in my bog(watching out for plants and unfortunate rotundifolia seedling) is my idea of fun... untill lightning, i have had bad expirience with lightning, airplanes street poles, and trees.

lightning, gods favorite dart game.
    Mens Et Manus

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast