Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane ophelia

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like the gods favorite dart board sometimes. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. So...

I think we all feel tat way sometimes
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The have a root that goes straight down as far as the tree is high
    Actually most eastern pine trees are shallow rooted and rarely penetrate more than 4 feet below the surface. Same with oaks. Theya re not taprooted around the east.

But your right about the winds.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really gotten a lot worse, but the worse is still yet to come. I'm surprised that we still have power. It could go out at anytime. We've already had 5 to 6 inches of rain, and expect 5 more.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's a little worse than I thought. I just went outside to chech a big ditch that runs by my house. The ditch is about 3 to 4 ft deep. It's overflowed. All the water from it has flowed into the neighborhood on the oposite side of the ditch from me. that area is now flooded. Most of my neihbors on this side of the ditch has flooded yards. My yard has some standing water, but it's really nmot bad right now.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Sure you don't want to go inland a bit?? How is the wind?
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the looks of the tail and teeth I would say those are small mackerel. Some fisherman caught them and probably filleted them at that spot.

You will probably lose power and water so make sure you have a gas or charcoal grill, plenty of canned goods, flashlights, plenty of batteries and fill your bathtubs with water...you will need it not only for drinking but for flushing the toilets. A tarp or roll of heavy visqueen is reccommended in case you have roof damage.

Good luck Ozzy and keep your head down.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Sure you don't want to go inland a bit?? How is the wind?
    No This is too much fun.

Quote[/b] ]From the looks of the tail and teeth I would say those are small mackerel.
    I was thinking they were blues. I don't think a fisherman would have hide them under a tree. They could have been filleted somewhere else and then an animal dragged them to it's hiding spot. But most fisherman would have thrown the remains back into the water. Well who knows.

I have already prepared for the hurricane, got all my suppies and all that. I ordered Dominos 3 large one topping pizzas for $7 each last night, so I got plenty to eat too.

Right now we have had about 8 inches of rain. and the flooding is getting a little worse. The eye is really close to moving onshore.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast