What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got a reverse osmosis system

lol

BANNED
I just got a reverse osmosis system on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1

Got it for $71, and an aweful $32 shipping. Was this a good deal, or could I have found it cheaper? Thanks for your advice.

Technically I didn't pay for mine. A few months ago when I seriously started thinking about CPs I realized in the long term it would be worth it to buy an R/O system. I had to check to see where I would put it and when i checked under my sink... voila!! There was already an R/O system with a 25 liter(what's that 5 or 6 gallon) tank sitting underneath. I was pleasantly surprised/startled to find that the previous owners had installed one. I googled it and found out it's worth about 3-4 hundred US. Thus I'd say you got a good deal.

Zac

Well that's the one I intend to get, so I sure hope it's a good deal! Folks on other RO threads seemed to think Aqua-Safe was a reputable business, so you should be OK.
~Joe

Aqua-Safe is a reputable company and produces an easy to install quality product.  I bought a AQUA100GPD 2005A RO System, which looks the same as yours, for $87.50 not including the shipping.
Unfortunately the buyer of my house insisted I leave it...Oh well...

Yep, I have one of their units, and I love it. It was pretty easy to install (expect a leaky seam or two that you'll have to deal with. I had one on top of the tank that I had to use some of that sealing tape on), and a great deal for the money. They were very helpful with emails, too. Good business.

Capslock

How much you pay for yours capslock?

darn, I paid $300 for mine here.

I got it for espresso, before I got in to CP's.  I think mine is the bee's knees, but that Aqua-Safe looks pretty darn good, especially for the money.  I wonder if anyone has done a comparison?

Roughly what you did, lol. I don't remember exactly now, but it's right in that ballpark. I love it. I also bought an extra storage tank so I have more water at my disposal at any given time. I use probably 3 gallons a day, so it's nice to be able to get it all at once. It hooks on with a simple T splitting the flow to each tank. Email Ed (the guy there) and he'll set you up if you want that.

Capslock

Back