User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often do you water your plants?

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mostly just mist my terrarium whenever I go to admire it (about twice a day.) Sometimes I go a month or more without actually taking the plants out and watering the pots. I have about ten Neps and a D. prolifera that seem to be just fine with this, and the live sphagnum and aquatic Utrics running loose in the bottom just love it. My Cephalotus also lives with the Neps but it gets watered by hand every two or three days because I've been told to avoid wetting the crown of the plant. My other indoor plants are pretty variable; the D. binata empties it's tall tray in a little less than a week, while my tray with the Genislea and Utrics empties even more slowly. I've got some other Utrics in undrained plastic cups that take water every week or so, and a bunch of D. capensis and P. lusitanica in big undrained tupperware tubs that seem to dry out every three or four days.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I top water all of my indoor plants, because I don't like the tray system. For terrarium plants (Neps, ceph, heliamphora) I water once every other week or so. I basically wait until the live sphag. moss on top turns white. For plants out in the open, about once a week. I only use the tray method outdoors.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I water about 1 time a week..maybe 2 sometimes. as my lowland terraria is about 30C or 90F
    Need all the experience I can get...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12