Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terrarium ventilation setup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    21 inches sounds right if I recall correctly.

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you attach those fans to the pvc pipe?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superglued one fan to the PVC pipe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a highland terrarium set up with a similar design a while back, except that i didn't want to have to deal with a separate humidifier. I bought a dryer lint trap kit, which consists of a reservoir of water with an attachment for a dryer vent hose on top. I put an AC muffin fan (ie PC fan) inside the intake hood of the dryer vent, and put it between the storm window and the inner window during the winter, or directly outside in the summer. The other end attached to the lint trap, which was in the terrarium. Each night, cool outside air would be brought in across the water of the lint trap, humidifying it somewhat in the process. It worked pretty well for N. diatas, N. hamata, N. singalana, etc. I did have to fill up the lint trap pretty regularly though. The whole ventilation setup cost perhaps $25.

BTW Homer, you don't have to worry about the fan overheating from running at 9V. It will run slower and more quietly, but not hotter. Undervolting is a common tactic to silence noisy PC fans.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to do something similar to this soon. I'm going to have a cool air intake which will consist of 2 120mm PC fans, and some PVC pipe. The fan outside will suck the air into the pipe, while the fan inside on the end will blow that air in. Then I'm going to cut a hole on the top-right of my shelf and install a pvc pipe with 2 120mm fans as well. It will suck the air into the pipe, and shoot it out.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]BTW Homer, you don't have to worry about the fan overheating from running at 9V. It will run slower and more quietly, but not hotter. Undervolting is a common tactic to silence noisy PC fans.
    Outstanding! That's good news indeed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123