Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Co2 injection

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look on ebay. you should get a full setup for freshwater planted tanks for maybe, 150 at the lowest used. that's the tank, valves, all that good stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done all that, I'm setting up a CO2 injector with pH regulator for my 55-gallon Amazon biotope aquarium (Oooo, I can't wait!). But when you're a grad student living in boston...$150 is a LOT of money. My estimate right now is like $250 for all the equipment, new (I hate used stuff I can never return). But for now, in my first planted aquarium, my 30 gallon tank, the DIY CO2 generator is working fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 20 pound CO2 bottle with all the fittings. I'm building a large growchamber right now and I'm going to set that up with a solenoid on a timer only introducing the c02 during the day.
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a question - won't they be starved of oxygen at night with all that respiring going on? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

I bet you wouldn't see any difference if you didn't bother with the CO2. I'd spend that $150 on more plants personally!
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt it. There is plentiful oxygen in the air to go around. Unless plants have evolved to require larger quantities of oxygen than what CO2 they use up. But I don't think so since they respire all the time, not only at night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...you also have to figure, that if you add more CO2 during photosynthesis more oxygen will be produced as a result. This will be available at night when the plants undergo the majority of their respiration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remember though that CO2 DISPLACES O2. So a balance is what you're looking for.
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about this before, and I figured I'd rather spend the money on improving my setup in other ways (i.e. better lighting, etc). I have a 4" fan positioned outside my chamber that constantly blows fresh air into it. I figure the extra O2 inside my chamber is being flushed out and replaced with the air from the room, which has a higher concentration of CO2 because it is occupied by humans and my pets.

Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12