Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The time has come.  new, huge

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoooooweeeeeee! Call TongBoy! I'll bet there are some snakes out there!!

Congratulations! Now you can grow some REAL CPs instead of those lil' "faux desert" plants you have now.

I'm kiddin'! You grow great plants and now you can grow even more! Then when you are overflowing, you can send the excess to me.

Have fun!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Oh, and chloroplast- I take your bet... See you in one year. LOL jking
    Well, if you fill it up, I guess you wouldn't have room for that N.hamata!

And if you don't fill it up.....well, let's just say I have plenty of room on my new grow rack for another nice plant!
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Oct. 18 2005,12:11)]10 ft tall is pretty tall, but for a g/h of this size, that's how they come.
    Mine is 15 ft long, almost 8 wide and also ten feet tall (in the middle of the arc. (see my sig)
    You're right, the higher, the cooler. Are you going to build a round roof like this, then?

And as to the filling rate: when my plants moved into the g/h in June, it was half full, and I thought the house would last another year. Now it's 8/10ths full, and I'm already contemplating more shelves. Of course, I've collected plants like there's no tomorrow, but plants also grow. Just last week, I had to repot my two bicals into something like seven-gallon pots. And they won't be the last ones...

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha hamata is highland anyway isn't it? I can't grow highlands.. only lowlands. Thanks for you kind offer though.

Yes hans, 10 ft at the peak....

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nature doesn't like an empty greenhouse.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, it came in today It all came on one pallet which made it very nice... After Unpacking I found 8 boxes...

I went ahead and opened box #1 to get the instructions and video out to view them and was surprised to find parts already put together!!!

I think this is gonna be even easier than I thought. Another thing I found interesting, they give you a disposable camera and a prepaid envolope to take pictures and send to them, they will put them online for you... And I think if they use some of them for their magazine you get 35 bucks toward purchase of an assessory... Sweeeeeet hehe I might do it for fun, But i'll stick to my digital camera for the REAL pictures.
    So now I gotta get the weed prevention cloth stuff, gravel, and level out the area and we're ready to start!!!
    A very excited Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, good for you . I pray that I'll be able to have just a small greenhouse someday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mail-order greenhouse? An instruction video for assembly? Now I've seen everything. Here in Taipei, I had to troll a dozen local nurseries until I found one who put me in contact with a freelancing greenhouse builder who was willing to take the risk of building a greenhouse on top of a typhoon-swept garage. No easy prefab stuff for me to put up myself, no sireebob, instead I had two betelnut-munching guys practically living on top of my garage for a week...

You 'murkins don't know how good you have it

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast