Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The time has come.  new, huge

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL, yeah- for the most part i do Hans... I dont' know how easy every member of this board knows we have it... As this green house come from the company that hosts these forums! I got the biggest one, but there are many sizes for those who dont' have this much space or need for a big one... Check it out... **********.com green houses We started assembly tonight.. Will get pictures tomorrow.. we only worked on it for 1.5 hrs and got the base together, laid out the weed prevention fabric, and build the 7 trussels.... sweeeeeeet
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WEED PREVENTION FABRIC? Jiminy H. Cricket, this is getting better by the minute! If I need weed prevention, I have to borrow my neighbor's sheep, or, if they're unavailable, his flamethrower!

What's next - individual bug feeding gadgets for every plant?
    Diamond-encrusted pruning shears?

Keep us updated - I love this unfolding story! The excitement!
    We all tremble with you, I'm sure!

Hans

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haha, I'm afraid a flamethrower will get me tossed in jail, and i dn't have a permit to have sheep at the house... I gotta stick with the 20 bucks for 3 ft by 100 ft of that stuff... I was able to double layer it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] It seems to me you think all this stuff is "unnessasary" and you might be right... Just like when we just had our baby about 6 weeks ago, our parents told us all the cool stuff we had goten were "a waste" but then, agreed that they were very handy... So with advanced times comes advanced items to make our lives easier... With my enviroment being soo dry (living in the desert) my 6 GPH fogger runs alot. Thus keeping the ground wet... Also, if you can notice in the picture, we are sitting the g/h where there was active grass growing... we are hoping the fabric can keep it at bay come spring so we don't gotta use RoundUP or soemthing...
    Andrew

EDIT: Also, the fabric will help prevent the 1 ton of pea gravel we are getting from mixing with the dirt to make some yucky mud to walk in....

I want to grow CPs in my g/h... not deal with weeds... aparently, ozzy didn't want to deal with the weeds either, but he also didn't take any preventions....

-Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Oct. 27 2005,12:59)]It seems to me you think all this stuff is "unnessasary" and you might be right...
    Hell, no - far from that! I'm just dark green with envy! I love gadgets, and you certainly got yourself some high-tech arrangement there. Those gadgets might be unnecessary for me over here, but lemme tell you, if I had access to (and the moolah to buy) all that stuff, I would, in a heartbeat!

Congratulations on the baby, by the way! Man, this must be one of the best years of your life. More envy! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Hans

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahhh okay, I read you wrong and i'm sorry for that. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] I love gadgits also! And if I can go overboard on something.... I DO! I don't know if you ever caught the thread about the computer I built almost a year ago now... 2 gigs of ram... That is COMPLELTY unnessasary... Yet, I "needed" it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Tomorrow I'm borrowing my works work truck to get the 1 ton of gravel.. I hope it can make it!! it's a 1973 International 1210 hahaha... thing has CARPET as a seat cover. :- )) hahahahaha.... Can't complain though.. So far it has done EVERYTHIGN i've needed it to. We'll see how it does tomorrow [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Oct. 27 2005,1:23)]I don't know if you ever caught the thread about the computer I built almost a year ago now... 2 gigs of ram... That is COMPLELTY unnessasary...
    It ain't no more, these days. I just started playing a MMORPG, and if I didn't have 1 GB of RAM, I couldn't read my mail or access the Web during gaming sessions. With Windows Vista and PCTV looming on the horizon, 2 GB will eventually become standard....

Quote[/b] ]Yet, I "needed" it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    No worries, you're in good company. When it comes to excessive behavior, I never tire to quote "the man who out-lips even Mick Jagger", the father of (strangely) beautiful Liv Tyler:

"ANYTHING THAT'S WORTH DOING IS WORTH OVERDOING!"

And what's good enough for ol' Steven is certainly good enough for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hehe, glad you said that... I have 2 more slots on my MOBO waiting for another 2 gigs.... hehehehehehehehehe

"ANYTHING THAT'S WORTH DOING IS WORTH OVERDOING!"

sooooo true!
    -Andrew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy, you ole show-off! You don't know what you are doing at all, so why don't you take that thing down, and ship it to your good friend and grower, Bugweed. I have no use for the greenhouse, but I am sure I could think of something!!!!!!!! Maybe I could grow cactus in it. LOL!!!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast