What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The time has come.  new, huge

Cute lil' "neps" you got there Hans.
smile.gif
Although one looks like "C'mon Dad...hurry up and take the picture." lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Nov. 02 2005,10:09)]Cute lil' "neps" you got there Hans.
smile.gif
Although one looks like "C'mon Dad...hurry up and take the picture." lol
Busted!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Nov. 02 2005,3:49)]How is that setup Hans? Alot of PVC plastic piping and plastic sheeting attached to it?
Heheee - HELL NO! If it was, it wouldn't have survived the FIRST typhoon this summer, let alone the other seven. No, it's steel pipes sunk into a 60 centimeter tall brick-and-concrete wall, all the way through into the garage roof proper, which I've had insulated with two-layers for the purpose.

The covering is sheer shade cloth in summer (neps love the rain!!), plus one layer of PE sheeting in winter (now).

The price at PFT is definitely the lowest I have seen. If you dont mind me asking, how much was shipping? Or, was it included in the quoted price?

I paid $200, but I think it varies on where it's going. You should write to Phil if you are serious about a purchase for a shipping quote. What size might you be interested in?
smile_l_32.gif

Sooooooooooo....lets see the greenhouse NOW. With plants in it.
smile_n_32.gif

.....EVER so demanding!!! Let me see if I can remember to take my camera tomorrow....
Andrew

WELL?? ??!!!

Nice greenhouse! I wish I lived in an area where cooling was about the only thing I had to worry about . . . this greenhouse would work perfectly! Nice construction photos, too!

Let's see the pics of the plants all set up in there.

P.S.--Nice Sarracenias for growing on a back porch!

I don't know what you all want to see.... They're all sleeping!! It's a bunch of brown, crunchy, ugly, lookin dead plants.
confused.gif

Thanks Burl-e, but the plants were not grown on my porch, they were grown on my back patio, in a green house I had made where they got only a few hours a day of direct sun...
Andrew

Back