What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The time has come.  new, huge

Ahhh okay, I read you wrong and i'm sorry for that.
smile_n_32.gif
I love gadgits also! And if I can go overboard on something.... I DO! I don't know if you ever caught the thread about the computer I built almost a year ago now... 2 gigs of ram... That is COMPLELTY unnessasary... Yet, I "needed" it.
smile_n_32.gif

Tomorrow I'm borrowing my works work truck to get the 1 ton of gravel.. I hope it can make it!! it's a 1973 International 1210 hahaha... thing has CARPET as a seat cover. :- )) hahahahaha.... Can't complain though.. So far it has done EVERYTHIGN i've needed it to. We'll see how it does tomorrow
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Oct. 27 2005,1:23)]I don't know if you ever caught the thread about the computer I built almost a year ago now... 2 gigs of ram... That is COMPLELTY unnessasary...
It ain't no more, these days. I just started playing a MMORPG, and if I didn't have 1 GB of RAM, I couldn't read my mail or access the Web during gaming sessions. With Windows Vista and PCTV looming on the horizon, 2 GB will eventually become standard....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yet, I "needed" it.
smile_n_32.gif
No worries, you're in good company. When it comes to excessive behavior, I never tire to quote "the man who out-lips even Mick Jagger", the father of (strangely) beautiful Liv Tyler:

"ANYTHING THAT'S WORTH DOING IS WORTH OVERDOING!"

And what's good enough for ol' Steven is certainly good enough for me.

Hehe, glad you said that... I have 2 more slots on my MOBO waiting for another 2 gigs.... hehehehehehehehehe

"ANYTHING THAT'S WORTH DOING IS WORTH OVERDOING!"

sooooo true!

Andy, you ole show-off! You don't know what you are doing at all, so why don't you take that thing down, and ship it to your good friend and grower, Bugweed. I have no use for the greenhouse, but I am sure I could think of something!!!!!!!! Maybe I could grow cactus in it. LOL!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Oct. 27 2005,7:02)]Maybe I could grow cactus in it. LOL!!!!!!
Maybe I should come down there and give you 7 times your medications just for sugesting to use such a awesome green house on cacti!
mad.gif
mad.gif

LOL

Didn't see much grass in your picture just a bunch of dandylion wine ingredients. I gotta find that recipe. It made a potent brew.

yeah, bck.... the ground is actually all bermuda grass... :-\ but it's dead cause they stopped watering it so it would be at least "kinda" dead when we started putting the g/h together...

Sooooooooo...where's the greenhouse??? All I've seen so far is a bunch of boxes! Tote that barge, lift that bale...get to work!
smile_n_32.gif

More pics please! Let everyone see what a Petflytrap/Exotic Gardens greenhouse is all about!

Chilllll..... LOL On my way to get the 1 ton of gravel now.
confused.gif
Then comes the fun part! As we are to putting pannels on. :-D
Andrew

Okay, lots of pictures today :-D So, I've chopped the quality for you dial up users
mad.gif

First, the completed trusses from yesterday, all we had to do is add the longer beams to the sides, the rest of these were otherwise already made!!
trussmade.jpg

And here is the base as we left it yesterday (minus the truck full of rock... we got that today
smile_n_32.gif

baseday1.jpg

The Labor!!!
throwingrock.jpg

Here is the base once the rock was thrown,
basecomplete.jpg

Going together now!!!
justsides.jpg

Worken on the trusses....
meworktruss.jpg

Then the sides start to go on....
trusscomplete.jpg

The inside as we stopped working for the day...
trusscompleteinside.jpg

And... the outside as we quit for the day,
donefor2ndday.jpg

Remember, we put 1.5 hours yesterday into the base... And today, Incl. the time it took to get the rock, throw the rock, and build what is built.. we put another 4 Hrs into it... So this far, only 5.5 hours.... That's AWESOME!!!
Tomorrow we start the roof.
smile_l_32.gif
Gonna be sooooo cool!
Hope you're sharing this wonderfull experience with me. :-D
Andrew
OH, and no I don't have a fleet of handymen working on this, just my mom and the hANDYman (hehe, that's me) yep, just the two of us!!!

<thundering applause> Right ON! More! Da capo! Love the pics!

Wow...that's going up FAST!  You be DA MAN!  And your mom be DA BOMB!

Ok...I'll have to start calling you Dandyman.

I really like the gravel base.  That's cool.  Did they say to do that or did you think of that all by yourself?

Where is the 1950s soda-jerk bar (PHIL??) and bamboo lounge chairs?? Isn't it a greenhouse/bar?

The base borads come in the kit... the brakets you saw on that in the first pics come preinstalled also... We decided to lay the weed control fabric ( mom thought that came in plastic only... such old school) and the rock I think is just common in greenhouses isn't it? I did it cause I thought it was "the thing to do" I don't wanna walk around in mud!!! hehe

Yeah, it is going up amazingly fast!

soda-jerk bar? Why would you want to buy a soda from some jerk? ....I'd go somewhere else....

Adnderan... I envy the hell outta you
smile_n_32.gif

hella cool
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]soda-jerk bar? Why would you want to buy a soda from some jerk? ....I'd go somewhere else....

LOOOOLLLLL!!!

Well, since it gets so dark so quick by the time we get to work, we decided not to work on it today... But here is a picture of how it stands in daylight....
eod2day.jpg

Andrew

Andy, give me 7 times my meds, and ship me that greenhouse. Times a wastin'!

U don't need the green house!! You got the conditions... But buncha meds ON THE WAY!

Thank you, Andrew! LOLOLOL!!!!!!!! I see sarracenia with location data in your future!

Back