What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The time has come.  new, huge

A whole TON of meds!!!! hehehe

OKAY, all done... Here we gooooo......
Installing one of the vented roof pannels on the left side
pannelinstall.jpg

Finnishing up the left side
roofinstall.jpg

Putting the final touches on
finaltouch.jpg

And finnaly allll done!
doneoutside.jpg

doneinside.jpg

And my mom with the green house... all proud of the work we've done...
donemom.jpg

(She had to use a ladder for every single step, including putting the base together...) hahahaha
smile_l_32.gif

Hope you all enjoyed the construction!!
Andrew

Well done! Congratulations to you and your Mom! Now keep us updated with the process of moving your plants in!

Hey, wait a minute - where are the benches? Or will you keep your plants on the floor, so your Mom won't need to bring that ladder for every visit?
smile_m_32.gif

Just went through your postings and watched the greenhouse go up. Looks like a great job and a great greenhouse. Have fun filling it up with all you new plants but remember the fact that ......(unfilled greenhouse space= desire for more plants= filled up space= Second Greenhouse).

Also known as Mike King Syndrome, where just one greenhouse just ain't enough. Looks like you may be infected with National Collection Disease, which is incurable. However, no one I know has ever died from it.

Nice greenhouse Andrew!

Jerry

Well, we decided to cover most of the top with some shade cloth....
donewshade.jpg

We did that yesterday. As well as buying and putting together the racks... they hold 600 lbs on each shelf... that should be strong enough. hehehe this is the same style rack i used to use when i grew inside... except i stacked the two instead of making them seperate racks as i did here.... And today I moved my fogger (blue thing hanging from the roof) in today and my master cool cooler (seen at rear) then it was time for the plants!!! Now i can start all that very much needed transplanting
smilie4.gif

donewplants.jpg

Andrew

YAY!!!!

What funny looking Nepenthes though
cool.gif

I kept thinking 'what no roof yet!??' Up here in my part of the country the roof goes on FIRST! Cuz even if it is a 2day project you can almost be guaranteed water will fall from the sky at some point lol.

LOL Tony... we get rain maybe 15 days a year... and some of those you say "Is it raining??" cause there are just a few drops. The neps for now are still in the g/h at my house. Since they are lowland and the new g/h is not heated. So everything tropical is still here with me where i can heat them and such.... I have added a 250w metal halide set up to extend the days and add some warmth.... I'm excited to get them over there for next spring though
smile_m_32.gif

Andrew

Oh, and Tony, a GH warming nep would be fine with me.
smile_m_32.gif
LOL

Is that one of them Aquafogger fans I see in the back, high up?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Wow. That is awsome. Look at all that space!! Would make a great baby playpen too.
smile_l_32.gif
Ok...now...grow some plants...and send me some.

Well, truthfully it looks really great and your Mom must be just plain ol "cool" to help you out so much. Tell her I said hi.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Nov. 01 2005,2:09)]Is that one of them Aquafogger fans I see in the back, high up?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Yeah, it sure it.
smile.gif
It was super overkill in the place I kept my plants here... But it is perfect for the new g/h... The moist breeze can be easily felt at the other end of the g/h. With it only on about 1/4 flow... I love that thing
smile_n_32.gif
Also, it works great. It easily keeps up with putting the place at 85% humidity in about 5 mins from 8% ( I know that cause the pump stoped working that feeds the fogger and I turned it on full blast today... LOL)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Nov. 01 2005,6:50)]Would make a great baby playpen too.<...>it looks really great and your Mom must be just plain ol "cool" to help you out so much. Tell her I said hi.
smile.gif
Trust me, it does make a great playpen. And the neighbor kids will come and borrow your plant for school projects.
Tell your cool Mom hi from me too, and that y'all can look forward to scenes like these in a few years:
122907b4.jpg

HKimGewchshaus051031-HK4.jpg

Sweeeeeeet
smile.gif

How is that setup Hans? Alot of PVC plastic piping and plastic sheeting attached to it?

Awesome looking greenhouse, I am soooo jealous. How long did it take you to install/put together? You made it look very simple, was it really?

Make sure you keep us posted with ongoing pics of the GH's development and rapidly shrinking spare room!

CP30, if you read at all... You would read about how most of the parts came already assebled! I couldn't believe it. The green house was absolutly in the biggest parts it could be to be shipped. All together, including getting the rock for the base, putting up shade cloth.. all that (up to before putting the plants in ) over 3 days, we put in only about... i'd say... just under 10 hours or so. Now lets put that in perspective. A few days prior the arrival of this g/h... I helped put a Arrow shed together 10 * 10 *5 .. that took us 6 hours. JUST for the shed! Not incl. the base... so yeah. The g/h was super simple!!

I did read it all, Ijust wanted to makesure it REALLY was as easy as it seemed. I have been looking at the sunshine houses for some time, and I think my better half is coming around (slowly but surely). I just need to keep bringing more plants inside to winter and I think I will convince her!
smile_n_32.gif

Then all I have to do is scrounge up the $....guess it will still be awhile....

ENJOY

Hehe, tell ya what... This is the largest house that sunshine makes... And it took that short of time. I imagine anything smaller, could be up in one day, no problem! You can do some searching of your own, but the prices here at PFT.com are the cheepest I was able to find. Which surprised me!! Did I mention I got it in less than a week from order?!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
In case someone missed the link pft greenhouses there it is... check out the sizes, there is bound to be one that fits your needs!!
Also, did i mention that i hung from one of the rafters? yah, no problem. LOL the g/h barely let out a squeek... very cool.
andrew

Back