Ok over the next few wks im gona be working on a 50gal bog/woodlan terrarium, i have a odd shaped TruVu acrylic fish tank that im converting to this. Now many ideas have ran thru my pea brain as to how im gona set it up and all the things im gona use.
1. Gona cut a plexigalss floor/pannel to fit the inside dimensions so that i can raise it about 3 1/2 or so inches it will have suports to hold everything im gona load on top of it, its gona have holes cut to fit and plant pots/sizes that im gona use so they sit down far enough in the precut holes but not touch the bottom under the floor pannel.
2. Under the floor pannel im gona use Perlite mixed with a small amount of charcol as most of the space under the pannel is gona be distilled water and it will help keep it sweet smelling but leave enough space so that small trays can be under the plant pots.
3. The plants will be in pots so that if i need to remove the plant for any known reason i can easily slip the whole pot out without disterbing anything else, the pots them selfs will sit alittle above the cut holes so that i can get peat, natural live moss and other decorations in to fill around them. There will be Sundews and VFTs at one end then a running waterfall in the middle and on the other side will be small low growing tropical plants, im gona have some wood and rock decorations, i will be choosing my wood carefully as i know what will mold and what wont. I am thinking of also putting some cork bark in the back and attaching some air plants to it or can do the same thing with a vine.
4. Lights consist of 4 to 6 flourescent 48 inch, 2 or 3 daylight cool white 3050 lumens each and 2 or 3 plantlight 1900 lumens each, now so far i got 4, 2 of each kind i can go to 6 not sure yet till i have it all set up.
5. im gona leave it as a open top due to all the water and humidity going on in it, plus the humidity in my house is at 75% due to all my house plants that i have. But i can easily cover the top as this tank does have a 2 1/2 inch lip top.
6. Gona foil as much as i can it does have a natural black back to it which would show the plants and everything nicely.
7. for good air exchange i could use a tiny fan or something else.
By any chance has anyone used the mini foggers that slip into a waterfall?? If so does it help or work good? As i can always get one and use it to. I will get plans drawed up tomarrow so that you can get a good idea of what im talking about and then take pics as i put it all together. Wish me luck i know its gona look awsome when done and all plants will thrive nicely in it. Just figured i would share my newest project with everyone.. I will keep posting in this thread as i go along till its completed. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smilie4.gif[/img]