Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another light question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi people.
    I was just wondering if you think 3x25W CFL are enough for a 10 gal classic? I think together they must do somewhere around 4500 Lumens, not considering the reflectors etc.
    Lemme know what you think.
    Thanks.
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That'll do just fine for a 10 gallon. What plants are you considering growing in the tank?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. Adelae, capensis, binata, aliciae, capillaris, venusta, possibly spatulata.
    Thanks, glad to hear its enough... though I still think I should add one more...

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, that's perfect for those plants. If you want to add more it won't hurt them, but what you have will work great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would watch temps very closly. CF's with reflectors give off lots of heat, I have two 30W CF's on mine and on a normal day temps in the terrarium get into the mid 90's. And thats on a normal day, it took alot of trial and error to get temps under 100 on hot days.

-Rail
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I would watch temps very closly. CF's with reflectors give off lots of heat, I have two 30W CF's on mine and on a normal day temps in the terrarium get into the mid 90's. And thats on a normal day, it took alot of trial and error to get temps under 100 on hot days.
    I agree. Temperatures can be a hard thing to master. Only add more light if you can keep from cooking your plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ummm I said they were CFL... I can put all 3 of them down my pants after 100 hours of non stop work and it would not be hot.
    Not to worry my friends [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks for help [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

- Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem with multiple high-wattage CFLs, so I don't think 3 small CFLs will be a big deal heat-wise. My tank(76 gal), is always ambient+2-3 degrees. That's with 170W of light, and a reflector.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast