What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. Purpurea in the wild

No, not in the wild... bog garden.

S_purpurea001_web.jpg

and a gratuitous bug pic...

Wasp_web.jpg

Whoa!
Very nice!

Wow...beautiful purps Dyflam.  They do look just like they are growing in the wild.  Niiiiiiiiiiice!

Pretty flowers too.  
smile.gif
  What are they?

BTW...do you have any photos of your whole bog garden? Is it a ground bog or container bog?

The flowers are milkweed... monarch butterflies lay their eggs on them.

The bog garden is a container garden. It's a fairly small Rubbermaid container.

Very nice. Makes me wish I had some private outdoor space for a bog garden.

likewise, chloroplast
smile.gif

Don't want to hijack the thread but.....Dimka, I like your avatar. Let me guess, it's a spider mite climbing up a plant stem!
smile_m_32.gif

Lol, why thank you Chloroplast. However, I'm afraid i must disapoint you. It is a game character named Ferazel (game is Ferazel'd Wand) which i find very very nice, and well he is just my favorite "fictional" character
smile.gif
So my avatar is my contribution to him... if that makes any sence
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hey, you guys said yourselves this place was full of freaks
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chloroplast @ Nov. 29 2005,4:17)]Very nice. Makes me wish I had some private outdoor space for a bog garden.
This garden is fairly small... I think anyone could do it. It's mobile.
smile.gif

I think I'll make something similar to this in the spring. I have this kind of a tiny balcony (like 1'x5' ones in the onld builings you know). Maybe I'll put a gallon or so pot there and plants Saras in it... If i get any by that time lol. Its on the South side however, so it get a lot of direct sunlight...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hey, you guys said yourselves this place was full of freaks

We prefer to be called side-show attractions. C'mon Dimka, where's your political correctness?!
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This garden is fairly small... I think anyone could do it.

I just wish I didn't have so many pesky squirrels and tenants around my apartment. It's uncommon (but not unheard of) for peoples' outdoor things to be taken around here. So, until I get a place of my own, my growing must be restricted to the indoors.
smile_h_32.gif
But I really, really enjoy indoor growing so it's not that bad.

Beautiful purp! I was wondering though how you get such lush sphagnum growing? constantly wet? Mine never seems to grow nice moss like that. Thanks again

Back