What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Thread!

smile_k_ani_32.gif
WOW awsome setups everyone, i cant wait to show you mine when i get um done. Hopefully by new yrs week they will be completed.. Beautiful plants everyone!!!!!
smile_m_32.gif
smile.gif

I dont expect to have anything similar in at least 6 months
smile_h_32.gif

But i'll get there
smile_n_32.gif

Here's a closer view of the contents of my fish bowl terrarium:

CPsTuckerandbackyardpictures069.jpg

Soil is composed of peat, perlite and LFS (about a third of each) and the bowl is lit by one 23 watt warm white light compact flourescent bulb.

LLeopardGGecko, beautiful plants ya have there and looky all the baby plants growing.. Awwwwwwww. That is a awsome pic and set up..
smile_m_32.gif
smilie4.gif

Thanks Tracey. I have quite a few baby D. dielsiana growing in there as well, but you can't see them all in this picture. Give this bowl another two months and it'll be Dielsiana Country
cool.gif

That is, unless the D. burmannii do something about it, which I'm sure they will
smile_m_32.gif

Hey in the top right corner there is a plant growing. What is it? That same plant spontaneously started growing in my terrarium. I don't know if I should get rid of it or leave it alone.

-Rail

That's just a weed of some kind. I'm constantly pulling those out of my peat mixes. They're rather annoying
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Dec. 15 2005,3:02)]That's just a weed of some kind. I'm constantly pulling those out of my peat mixes. They're rather annoying
mad.gif
LLeopardGGecko, im in the same boat as you i get um to from time to time, dont know what they are but gona take anymore that pop up and transplant them into a pot of there own away from my CPs and see what they grow into.
smile_m_32.gif

A couple of my more Christmassy looking pics...

D_Lake_Badgerup01_web.jpg

N_bicalcarata05_web.jpg

N_dashy_koto11_web.jpg

Tabasco1_web.jpg

omg... this is so nice

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Dec. 15 2005,8:02)]That's just a weed of some kind. I'm constantly pulling those out of my peat mixes. They're rather annoying
mad.gif
It's a fern, people, and yes, their roots can get wiry and entangled in the substrate.

Cheers

I dont know much about ferns, other than having grown up in an area drowning in swampy forests... too cold for sundews (-33C for a few days in a winter was a must
smile.gif
), but ferns were very abundant... sphagnum was too... there were like whole natural plantations of it... still only thing I know about ferns is: they are old, they are nice looking and they are poisonous. Yep! If you wanna die, just eat its root
smile.gif
painful, but will get the job done
smile.gif

WOW!!!! Dyflam, nothing like BEAUTIFUL plants with x-mass colors.. Fantastic pics!!!
smile_m_32.gif
smile.gif
Love the neph with the fangs..
smilie4.gif

Thanks for the awesome pictures Dyflam
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Now I'm all in the Christmas spirit
biggrin.gif

Excellent pictures. I wish I had enough plants to make picture themes...
smile.gif

HEY arent i that weird japanese ninja kid who tried to make a CP terrarium once?? yes thats me and im here to say i have pics!! decent ones too. Oh, and i applied to Stanford University and used CPs for the long essay portion and it needed a pic so thats why i took em. check it!

p.s. CLICK the pics to see em!

p.p.s. i know im a newb, thats why the plants look funny
smile_h_32.gif

Takahashi nice pics and i think your plants look great..
smile.gif

Indeed... way better than mine
smile.gif

Well done!

Nice pics, guys. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute after Christmas (I asked Santa for a digital cam....)
smile_m_32.gif
smile.gif

Sweet pics Chris. Are those D. capensis from me? I can't believe they're flowering already! Their sibs up here are still far from it (that last pic I posted is the batch tray they came from.) Good luck on your Stanford app!
Dyflam, you're making me jealous.
Thanks for the pics guys. lol - where's yours? I know you can put us all to shame.
~Joe

Back