What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks everyone, this probaly wouldn't have happened if I hadn't found this great community to learn from.

glider: for dormancy I just put the vft into the fridge and back again in spring. almost all of the drosera don't need a dormancy, but I keep a close eye on them all
smile.gif

try to spot the 4 species of pygmy drosera! the scoripiodes is the easy one.

Youre VFT needs more light... More light for them might get good coloring for the others, dont have experience with n. madada whodi whaty, or the pygmie sundews, but light would be god for them im sure nice coloration.

cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Mar. 17 2006,9:44)]Youre VFT needs more light... More light for them might get good coloring for the others, dont have experience with n. madada whodi whaty, or the pygmie sundews,.....
Pygmy dews can handle more light without a problem. I grow mine in direct sun. I get lots of dew and bright red tentacles. So add more light if you can.

hey, drosera binata need dormacy?, cool im getting some kind of bighter light.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ImWindPlant @ Mar. 17 2006,11:00)]hey, drosera binata need dormacy?, cool im getting some kind of bighter light.
From what I've gathered, D. binata doesn't need dormancy if you just keep it warm and wet year round. However, in The Savage Garden Peter makes reference to some D. binatas needing dormancy and some not needing it.

The normal D. binata does need a dormancy, and it does form a hibernacula thing. Other varities, such as D. binata multifida 'Extrema' is a tropical hybrid and does not need dormancy.

-Ben

Back