Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new grow shelf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was cold out so we built it inside... Now I have saw dust every were...

1 Shelf, there are 2 more just like it.

The shelf unit finished - Looks crooked, it probably is, but not that bad.

And finally, full of plants.

Total build time, 4-5 hours. While drinking, and entertaining my buddies kid. 2 people working on it, and a kid getting in the way.
    Oh yeah, we also stopped to light some fireworks..
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job Gawd! Want to build me one? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

I'm seriously challenged when it comes to building anything, so I stick with store-bought items only. Hahaha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, but you gotta pay for shipping...
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahaha! Only a mere $200, right? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If not more, It probably weighs close to 100 pounds.

2x4's were over kill, the next time I build one, it'll be with 2x2's. (some wishfull thinking) I still have one shelf to fill on this one. I need to buy the lights for that shelf yet as well, but it's nice to have everything off the floor.
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gawd_oOo,

Nice shelf. Your approach is similar to mine. Mine is made out of 2x4 also and it is heavy!

LLeopardGGecko,

It is not challanging to build a simple shelf. I'm certainly not the most gifted person with tools either. I focus on two things: function, and the end product has to be sturdy. It may not be the most attractive thing in the world, but if it works, I'm happy.

My motto is: if it wiggles, keep adding screws until it stops wiggling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice shelf!
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx, guys.

I was thinking of covering the 4 sides with plastic (that clear stuff you shrink onto the windows in winter), but leaving the top open.The front would just drape down, I could fold or roll it up for access to the plants. I am thinking that would raise the humidity some, possibly temp as well.
    Any one try something like that, and care to share the results?
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast