Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Beggining again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Hello, long time ago i was talking here, but all my plants die... Surrently all begin to become brown and that was all, in a week all become nothing. The dioneas (the ones that are alive), look fine, they are slepping, [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] , but i wanna have plants again, i read i need clean peat moss befor use it, i just clean it one time, maybe y need do it more times, and the plants i buy was full of bad stuff (gnat larva, worms, spiders), so a friend is going to sell me some, but i dont want p´lants that i need put to sleep, im buying a Pingüicola moranensis, Pingüicola agnatha, Pingüicola lobo, Nepenthes Alata, Drosera capensis, Drosera espatulata, Drosera adelae, Drosera aliciae, Drosera binata, one im not sure...she say it is a Sarracenia helianfora nutans and Uticularia gibba, wich ones need winter dormancy?, all will do fine in a terrarium?, all togheter?, i imaginate the terrarium like an aquarium, wich stuff i need buy?, i have a fog maker, is good?, and i have a 18,000°K aqua-glo bulb, but i read is bad, i dont want problems, and i read ppl have problems w a 10,000°k, so 18,000°k is worse right?, wich light combinatoin is apropiated?, wich substrate is the best?, or what us tink is good?, how clean all for the terrarium?, any water w out sodium and carbonathe is fine?, is a 20 gal high terrarium, or maybe i get a 55gal, just for 90dls [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] , do i need put metallic paper on all the terrarium back?, well i ask abouth almost all, but any ting you all wanna say i will apreciate it, any tip would be good, thanks i see us later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright as far as plants go I think every plant you listed is good for a terrarium seeing as they dont need a dormancy. Just remember D. Capensis and Adelae are a pain to get rid of after planting them in a terrarium. As far as subtrate, I say stick with pure good old LFS with a layer of gravel or small rocks at the bottom. How much light you need depends on how big your terraium is, but no matter what you want at least 50-60 watts of light and remember the more light the better. I say you cram as much light as possable into that thing [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] also, you do want to cover the sides with something reflective, aluminum foil, mylar, or mirrors. Lastly, use rain, distilled, or reverse osmosis filtered water, nothing else.

-Rail
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 20 gallon terrarium will work fine for all of those plants. You might want to try a grow light like the one below.
    http://ahsupply.com/96watt.htm
    This will be all that you would need to grow plants in a 20 gallon terrarium. Also, 18,000K is not that good for growing cp. I would stick with around 4,000K to 6,500K as this is the spectrum carnivorous plants grow best under.
    dewy
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey ok, thanks to u 2!, is very cool, so this pinguiculas dont need slepp great, if they are slepping can i awake them?.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]she say it is a Sarracenia helianfora nutans and Uticularia gibba
    Is the Sarracenia the same as the Heliamphora nutans? Because if you are talking about two different plants, the Sarracenia needs dormancy.

-D. Lybrand
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi.. um ok..i tink they ... i dont know they dont are here yet...i will have all my plants soon, but not yet. They say is sarracenia heliamphora nutans... but i tink is just heliamphora... but anyway... i recibe a call and they say they dont have this plant so they will send me someting in change, i hope someting very cool![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]