Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Setting up a N. bicalcarata terrarium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there CF! First of all, how is your little N. bical doing? We did adopt one at the same time [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

As for my terrarium conditions:

- Two 23 watt warm white light compact flourescent bulbs for lighting
    - 10 gallon tank
    - 80% humidity in the day, 90% humidity at night
    - Temps are 80s in the day and 70s at night
    - Water tray system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have almost the same conditions except im using only one compact flourecent bulb but its a 35 watt and equivelent to 100watt and my humidity is constantly 80%. Lets keep updating each other on how things are going. Wat do u say? O yeah and my bical is okay but is it normal for the pitcher to dry up? I have it over a infered light bulb also and im not sure if the bulb is okay for my neps. Is it? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you about the updating thing. It'll be cool to see how each other's plants develop!

As for your infrared light, I think you may be better off with just a normal daylight or warm white light bulb like I have. You may also want to up your wattage just a tad bit, say to 40 or 45 watts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put some pea-gravel in there already [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]. You shouldn't have to cover the tops of the tank to keep the humidity up if you have 3-4 inches of water that you allow to evaporate.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Feb. 16 2006,10:08)]Put some pea-gravel in there already [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]. You shouldn't have to cover the tops of the tank to keep the humidity up if you have 3-4 inches of water that you allow to evaporate.
    I'm seriously considering doing that now, since I really don't want trouble with mold and fungus. Would the humidity really stay above 80 percent with water sitting in the bottom? If so I'll make the change soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't have to cover the top. Being in the tank alone is enough enclosure. If you fill the bottom of your tank with 2inches of pea-gravel and then fill the tank with water until it is up 2-3 inches on your Neps you should be fine. Let the water evaporate and then refill it again. You should have more than enough humidity this way.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks. I'll try to get some pea-gravel tomorrow. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So do u think just one incandecent lite will still be able to raise the temps to about 85F?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast