Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warm White Florescent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just recently bought a florescent light and just realized it was a warm white not soft white?? I this ok to use??
    Hey! Wats Happenin! Lean Wit It Rock Wit It!

----------------

Ask Me How I Know....It's Me....Surprise! Its's Goin Down!

----------------

Do Watcha Do You And Yo Crew! Snap Yo Fingers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's perfectly fine. When it comes to flourescent lighting, it's always better to look at how much wattage you're getting rather than the spectrum. Warm white works great, and I use them all throughout my collection.

How many watts is the bulb?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently im using a really weak bulb, like a 15w because im haveing some power problems at my house and its zapping my higher wattage bulbs. But as soon as i get these problems fixed ill put in a higher wattage. like a 30w or something.
    Hey! Wats Happenin! Lean Wit It Rock Wit It!

----------------

Ask Me How I Know....It's Me....Surprise! Its's Goin Down!

----------------

Do Watcha Do You And Yo Crew! Snap Yo Fingers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wattage is a measure of power consumption, not output. look at the lumens to see how much light they're putting out. the way i understand it, warm white bulbs have more red in the spectrum, and will help induce flowering. cool white bulps have more blue in them, and help growth more. personally, i use cool whites in my 55 gal. terrarium.

look around in the terrarium forum for the article on grow lights from swords. there's a ton of info in it!

peace,
    tech...
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (technoracer @ Feb. 22 2006,4:22)]wattage is a measure of power consumption, not output. look at the lumens to see how much light they're putting out. the way i understand it, warm white bulbs have more red in the spectrum, and will help induce flowering. cool white bulps have more blue in them, and help growth more. personally, i use cool whites in my 55 gal. terrarium.

look around in the terrarium forum for the article on grow lights from swords. there's a ton of info in it!

peace,
    tech...
    I respect your opinion, but I've always just looked at the wattage of a bulb to determine if it's enough for my plants. It's proven to work really well so far. Plus I have three different spectrums of light over different parts of my collection: Warm white, cool white and daylight and I haven't seen a dicernable difference in growth under any of these.

Helldragon: 15 watts is definitely not enough for most CPs. If you can get 60-80 watts of flourescent light over your plants you'll be in great shape. Warm white, daylight, soft white, and cool white are all acceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your theory is flawed though...

My T8 32 watt bulb will output more light than your T12 42 watt bulb.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Feb. 22 2006,10:11)]Your theory is flawed though...

My T8 32 watt bulb will output more light than your T12 42 watt bulb.
    Maybe so, but is it really that much more light? All I'm saying is that spectrum and lumens has never been of great importance to me and wattage has. I've had great success with my way of thinking and I have happy plants to prove it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

I'll also go out on a limb and say that only having to pay attention to wattage is MUCH easier than having to keep track of all that other crap.

Why complicate things when it can be so much simpler?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Feb. 23 2006,12:54)]

I'll also go out on a limb and say that only having to pay attention to wattage is MUCH easier than having to keep track of all that other crap.

Why complicate things when it can be so much simpler?
    Mainly because when you understand it there's no longer anything to think about. Personally I pay my own light bill, now my supplier only sees that I'm running 40watts and bills me for that. If I'm running a "chroma 50" I'm using 40watts and reciving 2,250 lumens with 5000K temp. this is almost perfect for photosynthsis. If I'm using a "Warm white" I'm burning 40watts but I'm getting 3,250 lumens for my buck with isn't a big deal because the colour temp is 3000k. Guess how much the plant uses out of this light.......NOT MUCH even with the higher lumens. So you're burning 40 watts for nothing!

My guess is if you're using 3 different bulbs only two are benifical to the plant at all. Why waste energy. My 2cents
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast