What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lighting

Hello!!!!!!!, hey im puting next to my comon bulbs this combination is it good, i wanna put 4 9 wats 6,500°K cold bulbs, i hope this put some blue and make my plants grow fast, but im scaed, lastime i buy a 6,500 13wats bulb in home depot called eco light or someting, and my plants dont do well, but i tink it was fault of the pot change, etc, so is good put the 4 6,500 9 wats and 2 2,700 13 wats?, tell what to do, meanwile im searching my 30 wats tube ballast =).

Bump!, cme on!, some1 get what i say!, i mean.....Is 4x9wats 6,500°K and 2x13wats 2,700°K good for cps?, plus i have 2X20wats (or 25 letme chek), yellow light i forgot the type of bulb i post it around here. Help is apreciated.

If you'd really like some blue try marine aquarium actinics in the mix.

I would say that your wattage is too low. Lowest I use is 20watt bulbs. You need good wattage to be successful.

Cheers,
Ravn

Hylla!, actic light isint good for plats...or it is?, i mean is hight radioactive light, it is used to keep colored corals and anemones, or im wrong?, 102wats is low!!!!, i mean i can mix the wattage of the bulbs right?, i cant found 30w balast.....i keep searching, but tell me cold 6,500°K flourecent light will damage a plat?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ImWindPlant @ Mar. 03 2006,10:53)]Hylla!, actic light isint good for plats...or it is?, i mean is hight radioactive light, it is used to keep colored corals and anemones, or im wrong?, 102wats is low!!!!, i mean i can mix the wattage of the bulbs right?, i cant found 30w balast.....i keep searching, but tell me cold 6,500°K flourecent light will damage a plat?
Generally speaking, actinic blue light doesn't help a plant very much. If you can find 4 25 watt 6500K bulbs, they will be enough for 1 ten gallon terrarium.
dewy

if mines is 30gal so i need 12 25wats??, it is a lot of light. but so.. cold withe 6,500°K compact flouerents bulbs are good?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ImWindPlant @ Mar. 05 2006,1:17)]if mines is 30gal so i need 12 25wats??, it is a lot of light. but so.. cold withe 6,500°K compact flouerents bulbs are good?
6,500°K is good for cp. I would get atleast 200 watts total in your 30gal. tank.

God mi parenths are going to kill me if they se the light bill or i mean the kill bill XD, i go shooping!!!!!!, i get 2 9wats pl lights, 2,700°K / 500lumens, 2 13 wats pl lights, 2,700°K / dont say how much lumens, they are from GE (General electric), and a KEWL 26wats 2,700°K 1,750 lumens, what u all tink abouth them?,
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ImWindPlant @ Mar. 05 2006,8:19)]God mi parenths are going to kill me if they se the light bill or i mean the kill bill XD, i go shooping!!!!!!, i get 2 9wats pl lights, 2,700°K / 500lumens, 2 13 wats pl lights, 2,700°K / dont say how much lumens, they are from GE (General electric), and a KEWL 26wats 2,700°K 1,750 lumens, what u all tink abouth them?,
smile_m_32.gif
I would try to get at least 7,000 lumens for your plants if you are growing them in a 30gal. terrarium. You could get 2 of these 85 watt CFL's for your terrarium as they will use about 170 watts total.

http://www.buylighting.com/cart....5088A09

it look cool, but, were to get it =¨(, but well i know what im searching now, i will search it on a eletric house. Thanks, i will use the lights i get now meanwhile more light more happy plants right?.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ImWindPlant @ Mar. 07 2006,10:00)]it look cool, but, were to get it =¨(, but well i know what im searching now, i will search it on a eletric house. Thanks, i will use the lights i get now meanwhile more light more happy plants right?.
smile_n_32.gif
Yep, the more light you give your plants the happier they are.
smile.gif

Thanks for all you help, and my plants say thanks to!, the ping have a new leave! =) , all thanks to you all!,
smile.gif
, and muc thanks for the patience us have to me
smile_m_32.gif

Back