Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Glider's tanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

i have two tanks, a small one and a larger one.
    Smaller one. this sits on a windowsil and gets filtered light.

plants(clockwise) D. Adaele, nothing, D. Capensis, D. Muscipula, D. Adaele & Capensis cuttings in water(white thing)

my larger tank

conditions(temps on top)

my creativity is coming out [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] one pit is peat(cuttings and LSM) and the other peat/sand(growing varoius things)

thanks for looking
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love ur setup!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks CF. at first i used small rocks(pebbles) put alge was terrible! so now i have silica sand that has been soaked with distilled water...no alge and plus it looks nicer [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that's not perlite because everything looks SNOWY WHITE with perlite! I hear perlite attracts algae. You said that's sand, so the surface is like 100% sand, lol... I try to put more sphagnum moss into my ratio, I'm no pro but I do this because I'm under a notion that it's healthier for the plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like youre VFT could use a little bit more light in youre second picture
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carito: in that dish the top dressing is perilite a mix of sand peat and perilite is what it actually grows in.

nepenthes_ak: it is getting alot actually. its on a window that recieves light(on a sunny day) from about 11:00 to 6:00. i bought it from a store and there was no coloration on it so it might be an all green form....only time will tell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice setup. I think he meant that its leaves are long and spindly, not that it had no color.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohhh i see what you mean now this new leaf is like a stick there is extremely little leaf on either side of the main vein it looked like a scape at first. usually the traps on mine will rise halfway when they are still very tiny but this one just now started to rise...ITS CRAZY!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    alex
    PS- you can sorta see it when it was small in the upper left part of the pot