User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Temp and humidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so Ive been misting my tank morning and night. I recently bought a temp and humidity gauge. It's showing (average)74%-76% humidity and 75deg F during miday. The humidity raises to 80%-85% humidity and temp drops to 68deg F at night. The humidity raises 10 to 15 percent when I mist and slowly drops to the average.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_r_32.gif[/img]

Ok my question is do you guys think I still need to mist the tank morning and night?? Also I would like to use orchid ferts (growth formula) on all my plants. I was thinking maybe 1/4 or 1/2 strength. I'm thinking I should mist all the plants with it and then mist them again a few hours later with plain water.

What do you guys think about this [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Thx
    Brian
    My grow list

pics
    Vini, Vidi, Vichi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The conditions sound just fine. You really don't need to mist the tank at all. As long as the humidity is around at least 40%, they'll do fine without any added misting. Some neps like misting at night, though (highlanders). Since you grow so many Utrics, I wouldn't worry about misting them either, since they can take low humidity, and most people keep them very wet, so they should be ok. For fertilizer, I wouldn't use as much as 1/2 strength, that's a bit too much. 1/4 or so is prolly the best. You only need to mist them a bit with that, and only on the leaves, not in the soil. And do it about once every 1-2 months.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The humidity is fine--no need to mist.

I foliar feed most of my CPs (except drosera, pings, roridula) with 1/4 strength orchid fertilizer once per month. Don't spray the leaves afterwards with water--this will defeat the purpose. Avoid spraying on the soil as this promotes algae/moss growth.
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK thx guys. I picked up some blood worms for the pitcher plants/dews/and pings. So Ill use the orchid ferts on the utrics.

Thx guys I really appreciate your time.
    My grow list

pics
    Vini, Vidi, Vichi