What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some darn varmint is digging in my mini-bogs!

I never see it happen. I don't know if it's a bird, or that cat that always trespasses, beats up MY cats, and gives me an FU look as it leaps the fence back to its yard.

Whatever it is, I don't just want to stop it. I want to KILL it, preferably by indescribably cruel torture lasting weeks, and leave its carcass as a warning to other miscreants!
mad.gif

Hi sarracenia!!, i hope u found the agresor...
smile_h_32.gif
, hey i got a 19lts pot
smile_m_32.gif
, Well see ya and good luck!, dont worry be happy!
biggrin.gif

I had that problem with a chipmonk or something. Put up some mouse traps to catch it, kill it, send it to me for either my snake or piranhas.

I had the same problem. I've lost track of how many plants I lost to evil critters.
mad.gif

My solution to the problem has been to make a cage of sorts out of hardware cloth that sits over the bog. Since I did that, I haven't had any problems.

I am now almost certain it's a bird; I found many downy grey feathers around the latest damage.

So, is there any poison bait I can lay down that will kill them? Preferably very painfully?

Ideally, they will drop dead in my yard, and i can hack off their heads and put them on spikes as warnings to other foul fowl.

LOL! You're not bitter, are you?
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 12 2006,5:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 12 2006,5:20)]LOL! You're not bitter, are you?  
smile_m_32.gif
I have a sociopathic streak in me.
ROFL!
smile_n_32.gif

Try putting a real sized ornament of an owl or predatory bird in plain view in your garden. It usually deters other birds from wanting to be anywhere near your garden. Just change its position occasionally so to the other birds it does appear to move occasionally and confirms to them it is in fact alive.

That sounds great is ometing like that for dogs?, it does no t damage them just scare them XD.

http://www.koibitz.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=233

these look like a fun way to keep most animals out of the garden. The animals may not like it, but itcould give you lots of pleasure watching the reaction of the neighbourhood pets when they venture into your garden. Unlike the ones that just make a high pitched noise, the animals can't get used to this one.

Back