What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Bogs

This is how I grow my CPs in Carthage.

TUBBOG002.jpg

To water my plants, I catch the water from the AC unit in an inground pot with a sump-pump in it. It pumps the water to a 5 gallon bucket which delivers it through gravity via a soaker hose. As the tub fills with water and drains, it goes through the seepage bog. They get about 7 hours of sun a day, maybe a little more.

Not bad, and thats a pretty clever way to get a near endless supply of distilled water. Do you have a liner or anything in the bog in the second pic?

No liner. just Texas sand! I dug the hole about 2 1/2 feet deep and filled it with peat, perlite, and sphagnum. I figure with the steady stream of water going through it, it will be alright.

Very nice pics! I really like that tub, just gotta make sure that you don't get too much rust on the inside.

By the way just so you know, you can post multiple pictures in a single post.

Once again, very nice plants! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the compliment! The inside of the tub is porcelin. I'm having enough trouble posting them 1 at a time!
confused.gif

Back