What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fluorecent tube

Hi, i have a 10gal terrarium!,(50cmlongX30cmwideX40cmhight, not sure letme check), with some carnivores, it just have a 9wats pl bulb 2,700°K i tink it give me a total of 900lms, not sure letme chek to!, but i got a bulb it look good letme tell you all, eclipse for marineland (a aquarium brand), natural daylight, 15wats, It have a circle w a Hg insede, and its cool, the lihgt is yellow, should i use it?.

Try to get at least 1,500 lumens in your terrarium for healthy plants. Also, 6,500K works a little bit better for me.
dewy

hi, ok, but this fluorecent tube is good?

Well if this one is good, tell me, but to mix it w other bulb, cool white or warm white? or daylight? or superdaylight?, i must say, 2,700°K?, 4,100°K?, 6,500°K? or 10,000°K?.

most would say that 6,500°K is closer to daylight color temps so I would suggest going with this first. But everyone has they're own opinions on bulbs and color temps

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cha @ July 08 2006,11:25)]Well if this one is good, tell me, but to mix it w other bulb, cool white or warm white? or daylight? or superdaylight?, i must say, 2,700°K?, 4,100°K?, 6,500°K? or 10,000°K?.
Cool white and daylight works fine, just make sure the spectrum doesn't go above 7,500K or below 2,700K as the plants can use less of the light.
dewy

ok, so my 2700k pl, and the 15wats natural daylight tube, is a good mix?

Back