What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Bog

Hi all,

Here is the bog in early april.
Pitchers.jpg

Another April Shot.
Boginapril.jpg

Here it is in mid june.
bog.jpg

VFT's in Bloom.
VFTsinjune.jpg

Here it is Today.
WifeatBog2.jpg

My Little Cp'er.
BabyatBog.jpg

Bog07-15-06.jpg

Just thought I would Share!
Jim

wow are the two tallest S. Flavas? VERY NICE!

Very nice! Is that perlite? Cute daughter!

yep that is my dauther and my Wife. Wife did not want to pose but convinced her hehehe
Thanks

What's all the white stuff? Perlite? How did you construct the bog and how many inches of whatever soil media did you use?

it looks like crushed marble pebbles

Sorry Jim. Marble chips around the bog. About 2 Ft deep of peatmoss and sand. Some new plants are peat and pearlight. The liner is a 12 X 10 ft. Thanks for the comps!

Jim

That is a beautiful bog... Makes me tempted to try something similar! Nice Work!

Thanks all for the wounderfull coments!!!

what state do you live in pastoftim? i'd like to attempt somthing like this in kentucky!
Alex

Do you cover your sarrs for winter?

aw man if you grow them in Philli Im sure I could grow them hear, in ohio, What zone are you in?

Atsa nice! Persumably you have a liner that keeps the runoff from entering the bog? Otherwise there could be future trouble from the marble chips. Everything seems fine as frog hair now though. How will you overwinter the bog?

not sure of the zone but i don't cover it at all. Some leaves cover it a bit but nothing at all. The live is 6mil plastic with no drain holes. I have found that in the dead of wint I have put a thamomiter in the ground at diffrent depths and it never goes to 32 at 2 inches it is about 36 when it is 20 out and at 6" it is about 38. at 12" and below it stays at 38. I have had a string of days that it was in the teens for weeks and you guys see they allo came back just fine.
Tamilin if you read this I do have some pitchers if you want them. Let me know

Jim

such a beautiful family... and a beautiful bog as well

very nice looking bog, pasoftim!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

That's great!

Much bigger than mine.....gives me some ideas....wife is going to kill me.....
smile_n_32.gif

Glider, you can very easily do something like that in Kentucky.

Back