What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian peat bog

hey, is your website in french?
btw, i love your bog. too bad i'll never be able to make something like that. at least not for a long time. i dont even have my own house. we have to rent apartments.. small apartments.. that'll change in a couple of years when i take charge of my house.

Yeah, I speak french, so my website is in french. I could've made an english version of it, but it would be so much trouble and time to invest. Maybe, one day (especially if someone can help me).

I started my peat bog when I was 16, as a school project. We had to make a website explaining our project.

Wow ok so i just spent the last 30 minutes reading this and looking at your pics you are doihng awsome! Come on SPRING! i really wanna see how it is doing :-D

Okay, got my new camera (Canon 40D). I'll post some pics of my peat bog in a few days (new camera kick ***!). Until then, enjoy a pic showing canadian winter vs summer:

75784859nx5.jpg

Yup! winter as usual in canada. Hate when the snow gets mushy and dirty. YUCK!! But for the most part...I find winter is more fun than summer. lol! :p

HA‼

I love that photo! Very clever!

Got my new camera: Canon 40D. Be prepared for awesome pics!

Colors test:
fleurhv0.jpg

Nepenthes maxima:
nepenthesqm6.jpg

Two night shots in Old Quebec:
ruevieuxqubecim0.jpg

vuedenuitmk8.jpg

Full resolution:
Drosera anglica
anglicacopienc3.jpg

Tiger beatle
cicindelleov3.jpg

Dionaea trap from my peat bog
piegecloseuptm1.jpg

Here's some pics from my Deviantart account. You should take a look sometime in the summer if you want some carnivorous plants wallpapers and take a look at my pics in High definition. http://dom1234.deviantart.com/
Drosera anglica
Carnivorous_ruby_by_dom1234.jpg

Château Frontenac (or Frontenac Castle) in old Québec:
Frontenac_Castle_by_dom1234.jpg

Creepy fountain:
Dark_fountain_by_dom1234.jpg

I'm planning to add a lots of plants in my peat bog this summer. It looks like an unknow Utricularia survived! It's hidden in the moss.

My peat bog in general:
tourbiere%20general.JPG

Dionaea muscipula:
dion1.JPG

dion2.JPG

Drosera anglica:
intermedia.JPG

Drosera filiformis:
filiformis.JPG

Pinguicula grandiflora:
pinguicula.JPG

Darlingtonia californica:
darlingtonia.JPG

Dionaea spot:
coin%20dionaea.JPG

Sarracenia oreophila:
sarracenia%20oreophila.JPG

Unknow Utricularia :
utricularia.JPG

Wow! Those pics are just amazing, especially the N. maxima. That is the creepiest fountaion I've seen O_O.

BTW, do you guys noticed how my english improved since my first post (4 years ago). When I take a look at the first post, men, it's awful.

Great pics dom, thanks for sharin. Going to Quebec again in september, great place to visit.

Very nice photography! Your "N. maxima" is really N. mixta superba, but still a very handsome plant! - Rich

Jayson16: So you're going to Quebec? We're celebrating our 400 th anniversary this year, be ready to party! If you want to know where are the best bars, just ask.

merged posts.

yeah your English have improved..... now you gotta help me with my French(taking French 1 at my school right now, spanish class is full)

nah, jk.
nice camera and picture btw.
you're so lucky your bog havnt been infected with any kind of insects(aphids and such) mine got infected with leafhopper(sarracenia, and VFT), Aphid(Dionaea), Spidermite(all of the above), and much much more. so so lucky.... i might move to canada one day if there's no insect infestation there.

Jayson16: So you're going to Quebec? We're celebrating our 400 th anniversary this year, be ready to party! If you want to know where are the best bars, just ask.

there gonna be lots of hot girls?

According to one of my philosophy teacher (he lived in the states for 20 years), Quebec's girls are the hottest in America (we're like, North America's sweden).

i'll see you there tomorrow...

jk.

Goin with the my french ace class, so prob wont be able to do any drinking...

I really want to make a bog now. How would you water it, water by every plant or just water one spot in the bog?

On top the the bog, 'caus it will fill the reservoir anyway, so no need to water every plants.

Back