What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A (very) quick walk....

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Well, a overview of the plants in my green house was requested... so here it is. Please be advised I've been having some problems with my fogger... so the humidity has dropped down to the teens a few times. (That's why I'm not showing many of my VFTs here
smile_m_32.gif
) I hope you enjoy anyway!!
My tiny (but growing) ceph (in 12" pot)
ceph8_2006.JPG

My ping trays (and the first has my few utrics too)
pings8_2006.JPG

pings8_2006_1.JPG

My neps
neps8_2006.JPG

N. thorelii x truncata
nthoreliixtruncata8_2006.JPG

MORE DOWN

N. bical (finaly found a "happy" spot for it! I'm excited about the new pitcher)
bical8_2006.JPG

N. x 'Miranda' lower pitcher
miranda8_2006lower.JPG

N. x 'Miranda' upper pitcher
miranda_2006upper.JPG

My recently cut up D. regia (see D. regia prop thread for more pics of babies) 12" x 12" container
regia8_20061.JPG

MORE DOWN

VFT 'Big Mouth" recently given to me by xscd
bigmouth.JPG

My little "bog thing"
minibog8_2006.JPG

D. prolifera (with recent propaguel from flower stalk to right, and new flower stalk to left)
prolifera8_2006.JPG

Some sarrs
sarrs8_2006.JPG

sarrs8_2006_1.JPG

Hope you enjoyed my (very) quick tour
smile.gif

Andrew

Andrew your collection looks wonderful and the greenhouse really seems to be working its magic. Great Miranda! You will find that once you have your greenhouse packed full of plants the conditions there will be so much better for everything. I mean this sincerely since the more plants you add the greater the variability in micrclimates.

Keep us posted as things progress and thanks for sharing.

Phil

philcula- I hope someday to realize that for myself :-D

eplants-thanks! Here is the full N. x 'Miranda' shot you asked for, this rack is the typical "green house" we've seen before. With the plastic cover over it.... It's probably about 48" tall or so.... So see the pitcher right there on the side of it, that's the one I pictured earlier in the thread... It's over a foot tall using the rack for measurement (including the lid)
nxmiranda8_2006.JPG

And a quck shot inside my g/h from the door... As you all can see, I'm only using one side (and not even all of it yet!!) of the g/h. Feel free to help me fill it.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
lol
ghinside8_2006.JPG

Andrew

Andrew, that is an awesome greenhouse you've got going there!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Feel free to help me fill it.

Wanna add B. liniflora?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ Aug. 03 2006,10:34)]Wanna add B. liniflora?
Yes Please! I havn't grown that in years.... (Since before my 1st green house even
confused.gif
)
I'll PM you, THANKS!
Andrew

Thank you for sharing the pictures! Very nicely done and organized.

Wow....that thing is HUGE! Uh...the GREENHOUSE that is.
smile_l_32.gif

It really looks bigger than you think it would be. Your plants look great. I'm jealous. You really have some handsome looking plants.

I think I should just give up. The heat is beating me here.

Good job! (You didn't really hear me say that...lol)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Good job! (You didn't really hear me say that...lol)

He especially didn't hear you after having turned down your offer for his RO system! Don't give in, PAK.
smile_n_32.gif

lol Yeah...he didn't like my trade offer too much did he?
smile_l_32.gif

Well, I've added some stuff to my G/H since this post... So here are the changes....

I've added a booster pump to my RO system, to increase pressure in the bladder tanks up to 80 PSI instead of the typical 15-25 PSI. The higher input pressure also makes water faster, and more products to waste ratio. Also with the pump comes a pressure switch to turn off the pump when the pressure is obtained. And a electronic solenoid to shut off the incoming water to the RO system when the desired pressure is reached. (these replace the hydraulic auto shut off, that used to shut off the water at 80% of the incoming pressure)
It's a lot of hoses that looks pretty confusing huh? LOL
rosystem.JPG

Also, as you've seen in another topic, I've added a 1000PSI fogging system... I have this outside so it isn't in the harsh environment of the g/h... I have a multispeed supply/demand pump that pulls RO water from a holding tank up to the 1000PSI fogger pump. the supply/demand pump brings water to the pump at 40PSI no matter how much water is being used (thanks to the multi speed!) I've also installed a Low water pressure switch.. Just incase something happens... The fogger pump will not run dry and damage it. Here are pictures with my homemade cover and off the pump.... I have it right next to my swamp cooler so it pulls air though the housing and cools the equipment.
smile.gif

pumpopen.JPG

pumpcover.JPG

Oh- I also added a rotating fan in there... specifically made for outdoors... I didn't take a picture of it, but you can see it inside on the left-hand side of the last 2 photos...
Hope you enjoyed the "more tour" of my green house
smile.gif

Andrew

Wow man! I wish I had a greenhouse like that, it'd be really nice to have, it's a pain to have my CPs in my cramped room. They look so healthy too! Lots of pings.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Aug. 03 )]
sarrs8_2006_1.JPG
I LOVE your greenhouse and Sarrs! What is the PVC pipe for in that Sarrs tub and how does it work? I'm a bit new to this...

Tom

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Aug. 26 2006,7:58)]That PVC actually has nothign to do with the sarrs...   It's been disscussed a few times...   One example is:  http://www.terraforums.com/ib312....;hl=pvc
You don't see a D. regia plant in it in this photo because of:
http://www.terraforums.com/ib312....t=25775
I hope that answers your questions
smile.gif

Andrew
O.K. thanks! I thought I saw photos of bogs around the 'net with PVC pipes stuck in them, I thought they had something to do with watering or measureing water levels.

Tom

Hmm- bogs and such that's possible... to monitor how much water is in there or something.. But this is just a tray with pots in it. So I don't need anythign like that.
smile_m_32.gif

-Andrew

Andrew,
Congratulations on setting up a great environment for your plants! Everything looks like it's doing great.

On the D. capensis 'companion plant' for your ceph(s). A while back, I grew both D. binata & D. capensis w/ the Cephs (similar growing conditions - makes sense - right??). After a while, the 'happy' D. binata's started coming up everywhere, even 15-20" away from their original spot. In the end, I had to repot everybody because the D. binata & D. capensis were taking over the entire tray w/ their thick, black roots.

This was no big deal except I wanted my Cephs to flower that year and they did not due to the disturbance.

Verry intersting. Thanks for the comment i'll keep that in mind... Did you happen to see the N. bical? aparently a whole flower stalk dumped its seeds into that plant... LOL

Back