0 Thread(s)

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you can see, it's still rather empty. I hope to change that soon....

Also, I found all those black trays at the Chrismass tree shop for a buck each - should be able to hold quite a few NASC seedlings!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AWESOME! makes me want to greenhouse even more! what types of CPs will you be focusing on...other than NASC seedlings? what are the conditions inside? what type of light does it get? how are you going theat in the winter and cool in the summer?
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you could use about 15 more Neps along the one side... and uhmm With all the extra space, a TC lab in the house.. and once you got youre seedlings and youre lab stuff going youre set!

I mean, nice green house what you putting in it? How much did it set you back?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use those same trays for my dews. The dews are in pots and thats the water holder. I get them for about 1.19 each here in Ga. Very nice GH. I hate to say it, but you will be looking to upgrade soon. You will have that sucker filled in no time! Mine i 12x12 and have had it two years. I am expanding it soon. Looking good though! Make sure you take pictures when it gets full. Oh and your going to wish you went taller too! I did.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, ok....so I didn't give enough details:

9'8" wide by 14' long by 7' high at peak (I don't think I'd want much taller as I need a ladder for even that short height. I'm only 5'7"....also don't plan on growing any trees in there). It doesn't sound that big - but it is (at least it looks big that empty, lol)

It will get sun pretty much all day long, but I got a 50% shade cloth free with purchase, so I can shade part of it for the neps.

It's going to be a highland house, cooled at night in the summer with my new evaporative cooler and heated in the winter with two new heaters.

I'm going to probably have mostly neps in there, and sars/vfts in winter for dormancy-lite. Don't know how that will work out....will have to see if they really do go dormant with the day temps in the upper 70's.

I also plan on trying to keep some veggies in the winter - tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers. Don't know if they're going to like the somewhat cool temps, but I do plan on running some supplamental lighting. That will solve the weak winter light problem, at least.

All in all, I'm really psyched. Greenhouse, base (which it turns out I didn't need, doh), two shelf kits, two heaters, the evaporative cooler and several hooks for hanging plants ran me just over 5K.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could ya give an estimate of how much it costed to make? I've been thinking about building one sooner or later but I'm under the impression that they cost A LOT. So.. yeah that's why I haven't done it yet. xD
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a greenhouse supply cattaloge. Farm teck is a good one. That poly carbinate sheeting is not cheap. I have been pricing it, but I am going to go with GH plastic with an air gap for insilation.

schloaty I am 5'7 also and my GH is 9 foot tall at the peak with rounded sides. Once you start hangin plants from the rafters you will see why I said your going to wish it was taller. I am constantly hitting my head on backets and pots that are haning on the side poles. The center ones are fine they are tall enough. You will see It looks good though and you will get alot of plants in there, but it will fill up fast. You also could have gotten an Atlis GH that is HUGE for 5K. It would just have needed an evap cooler for the reer and a front wall made for it. It also wouldhave been 6 mil plastic too and not the nicer polycarbinate like you have. That is one nice GH. I wish mine looked that good. I will just be asking you in a year or two if you still think its tall enogh. Who knows you may not like hanging plants like I do so it may be perfect for your needs. I just know mine is not tall enough and a friend of mine who has one like yours, says hers is not tall enough, and hers is taller than yours. We also grow orchids too and the roots can gangle with those. Good luck, and I want to see more pictures when you start getting more plants too please.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast