What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenhouse construction

Here is the link to the webpage. http://www.exoticplantsplus.com/constr_photolog.htm

Here are the pics..
stake%20layout.jpg

Stakes marking corners Ghouse(yellow) and steel work building (red)
Dimensions greenhouse 80x48', steel building 20x40'

ConGHdeliv.jpg

ConGHunload.jpg

top- Dustin ready to do some heavy lifting unloading the greenhouse frame
bottom - Ben checking out his handywork

ConSBdeliv.jpg

ConSBunload.jpg

top - Steel building delivery
bottom - unloaded with help from an extendable forklift much to the relief of Dustin!

ConHoles.jpg

Digging 20 8"x4' deep holes.. ugh  Only hit a few bowling ball sized granite rocks.  Of course after 10,000years they are now about 3' down  
smile_h_32.gif

ConPosts.jpg

Conxbrace.jpg

top - footings poured after 50+ 80lb bags of concrete and a few 11' posts installed
bottom - all the posts installed and some cross braces in.

Yet to go up.. gutters connecting the posts perpendicular to the cross braces, hoops connecting the gutters parallel to the cross braces, and purlins connecting the hoops parallel to the gutters!!!  All in all that little pile of metal behind Ben weighs in at 5 tons (10,000) pounds of galvanized steel.

Enjoy!  Still ALOT to do.. might make it before the snow flys (I hope)

Tony

Sweeeeeet. Now THAT is going to be one big Greenhouse.

And I wanted to do the brunt of the work the forlift had to do! Shucks!
smile_n_32.gif

so uh...how much did this here cost? im guessing in the double thousand digits? sweet house regaurdless!
Alex

Keep them pictures comming! simply awesome!!!

Couple new photos:

Putting on the arches with help from a homemade lifting thingy! You have to be creative when working alone lol. So far I haven't dropped anything on my head at least ;>

1  YAY
ConArch1.jpg

All of them!  Bigger YAY..
ConArch2.jpg

Lots of braces to go in, concrete to pour and steel headhouse to erect.

Jeez, those are huge. And I only live 2 hours away....

-Ben

Tony,
Congrats on the greenhouse project. You're doing it mostly by yourself? How will you ever get the trusses and hoops up without someone on the other side?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

WOW!

OMG amazing..

so beautiful, its true!

So Dustin,
Looks like you did more than unload a truck
smile.gif

No no, I can only take credit for unloading the truck! I am in college now at SUNY Cobleskill and Tony has done what you see, unless he has had Ben help him.
laugh.gif

Very nice. Make my GH look like childs play! Looking good! I can hardly wait till I am building one of those. The time is slowly ticking away till I can afford one of those monsters or two or three. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah Tony...poor excuse for not being around the forums much. Making us think you are working your butt off on this lil' greenhouse of yours...
smile_n_32.gif

Ok...looks like a tremendous amount of work! I'm glad I live in VA...too far away to offer to help. lol Actually I would help you if I lived nearby.

That's gonna be awsome! Uh...be careful. Doing all that alone could be dangerous.

Woh that is one big mutha.....

You going to live in that thing?
smile_n_32.gif

Hmm well.. bout time I got to work again on the new place! It's like a giant tinkertoy hehe
Finally had paid a company to pour the concrete slab. It was just too much for me to deal with on my own.

You can see from the photos there is still alot to be done with the greenhouse structures etc.

ConSBConcreteslab.jpg

Now I can put up the steel building!
Posts are up.
ConSBposts.jpg

WOOOO! Nice! :clap:

Holy crap.. that thing is going to be massive! Can't wait to see the finished product. Would love to get a personalized tour someday.

Back