User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Basement setup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meaven was trying to do stuff in his basement so I thought I'd post a few pics of my setup.

Temps don't fluctuate too much.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good, Chris! Are those Tupperware containers, the kind that you can microwave? The only thing I can think you're lacking are yogurt containers.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Jim, He needs the little plastic cups the sliced grapefruit in them. Much better than yogurt.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok. last picture very middle....what kind of VFT is that! the traps look huge!! how high is humidity and what is the usual temps? nice setup btw
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2 vfts in the last pic are D. muscipula 'walmartensis'. I happened by a display and couldn't stop myself, after sorting through the 50 or so there I picked out the 2 biggest.

The humidity varies from summer time highs of 80% @ 65-70 F to winter time lows of 50% @ 50-60 F. I run a dehumidifier in the main room. This is the small untility room with the water softner and sump pump and RO unit. Lots of paint cans and holiday decorations too.

Yes jimscott those are the tupperware (sarr. nursery) containers. Nobody here eats yogurt or I'd have them too !

The top part is a nursery by default, and the bottom for growing up big and strong. Ususally the bottom lights are just a few inches above the containers. I just put them up for the pics and watering, blank staring and daydreaming etc...

a few more plant pics...

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is mine (only way more crowded now...)-

what kind of bulbs/fixtures do you use?
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked my fixtures over the weekend and came up with the bulb type for ya. They are all Sylvania Cool White Plus - 40Watt - 3000 Lumen - 4100 K. (T12). The fixtures are just what ever 4' shop light was on sale, no more that $15.00. Buy the flourescent tubes in a case at Menards and you'll save $$. I didn't look anywhere else for them though so they might be at another DIY store too.