What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Square Pots

glider14

Always a newbie
Ok guys...where do you alll get those 3in square plastic pots that just about everyone uses?! i only know one place they have some and its 0.25 for one....not very good.
thanks
Alex

I get mine at Peaceful Valley Farm & Garden Supply. You just need to buy more than 504 at one time for the 20% discount, then they're only 20 cents each -- but don't forget to count them carefully once you receive them. My first order was short nearly 100, they had made a mistake when packing the order. They are recyclable, and I actually prefer the 2" square, Anderson style myself.

I believe I actually purchased 1600 each of this size, twice now, its amazing how fast they disappear.

ahh- I just got their magazine of products in the mail today
smile_n_32.gif

I received mine today too. I prefer to use their website more than the paper and ink version.

I also- just strange you mention it the same day their book came in hehe...

If you're concerned about price and are willing to purchase a case, give McConkey's a call. They have the cheapest pots around....

Several decades ago I lived within easy driving distance from J. M. McConkey & Co. Inc., when they had a facility at Puyallup, Washington. I especially liked their SR-325, which was 3-3/4" deep and 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" square (my favorite color of these was milk white). I haven't been able to locate another pot of equal quality since (I still have a few of these that I still use). I believe they discontinued offering them in the milk-white color. If anyone can share a source of pots like those I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is a link to their home page, I do not know if they sell retail or wholesale only -- they may be able to connect you with their distributors. J. M. McConkey, Co. Inc..

I have bought from McConkey many times as they are only about 10 miles from my work. They do sell to the public, but you must buy in whole caselots.
I would assume they ship as well as pick up.

Their prices are good, and only slightly higher than wholesale for those who do not have a resale license.
Peter.
cool.gif

Try asking at your local mom and pop nursery's. That is where I get all of mine. They usually through alot of the plastic pots away and will give them to you if you ask.
-Nick

I got like 50 of em off E-bay... good for startin seed's and cuttings.

Back