Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing area revitalization

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    of course! It is also slanted towards the rising sun too. The wall next to the shed and fence are going to be full walls I will eventualy paint white after I put the inner plywood in. That will reflect light back onto the plants. Thanks for the compliment I am worn theheck out from building it. Not done yet though.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not get some mylar? I've never seen a GH like that, but I think it could work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but might also create too much heat and the reflection could be unbareable when your in the GH trying to work. I am already anticipating a wet wall next summer. I have to buy some more fans too. Air movement is key. It is still a work in progress, and we shall see how much of my dreams become reality. So far so good.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude... I am sooo staring down my unused deck right now. There's just so much wood there doing nothing. And now I see you making something cool out of yours....

This is not good for my deck.
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL I hear ya Justin. I still have wood left over. I have enough planks left to put a plank floor in my GH. It was a pretty good sized deck I had, but it just wasn;t built propperly. So it is now history. The 2x8's and 2x10's can both be ripped down into 2x4's with a table saw. Remember a 2x4 is not accualy 4 inches wide, but rather only 3.5 inches. It is just a pain to pull all the nails from the wood so it can be used again, and safely cut. Just takes a little patience and time. If you do decide to do it, take it slow so you don't ruin the wood.

I am about to have to spend about 100+ bucks on some plywood for the bottom layer and then plastic and some other things so when it is all said and done I may have 500 bucks into it.

So if you do decide to do it Justin just remember a nail gun is your friend!! And get some help because I couldn't have done this by my self.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanna build a Green house now!

you do realize that you should get a bumble bee colony for youre Green house so you can Get those seeds from youre orchids! They stay really small nothing like bee hives. (People do it I swear)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know some people do, but then I would get alot of cross polination and would never know what the hybrids would be. Hand pollinating orchids is easy enough that its not a problem. There is normaly only 2 pollin globules and not a dust like pollin as with most other flowers. When I build a Lab area to do my own flasking I will start hand pollinating my own hybrids. Right now I just do species selfings or crosses between two if I have two, and send to Troy Myers. He will flask species seed for free and send me a flask of about 25 plants about a year later. All I do is pay for shipping of the flask. He charges for hybrids. Orchid seeds have to be sown invetro when growing in culitvation.

I will be working some more on the GH tomorrow and will have new pictures to post later in the day.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Walks in, looks around*

Where's JB? Any progress?
    My life sucks

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast