Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Growing area revitalization

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup Yup there has been progress. I just spend ALL day working on it yesterday. It is about 90% complete not. I just need to add the second layers of plastic, the fans and wiring and the compression strips to hold the plastic tight in the wind. She is just about done! I will be working on it more later. The 13 hours I worked on it yesterday after the gym has worn me out. Not to mention I got a little sun again too. OK here are some pictures of the progress.

Told you it was going to have a plank floor! This I think sets it off and makes the GH look good.

If I was not so tired from the long day yesterday I would be out there now installing the exhaust fan and intake vent. But I need a break climbing up and down the later installing the plastic last night not to mention I did my cycling class yesterday has gotten me whooped. I am just about ready to start refortifying the old benches and making some new ones.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks good and sturdy. Since you have white walls you could plant some bushes around the paremeter and it would look totally tight! Are you sure you shouldn't put plastic on the front, too?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean front? Over the plywood? Nah don't need it. Its painted and might eventualy side it. I plan on building a bog around the perimeter Atleast on the one long front side. I am not done putting up plastic. I still have to cover the hole left in the door and but plastic on the inside too.
    JB

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man a bog garden! of course! That's a lot of plants!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Walks in, hears crickets*

JB?
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant say I like youre Half wall, but its youre setup and it looks nice either way!

Cant wait to see the FINISHED project withplants and every thing, HURRY UP!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still working LOL I put a whole in my finger building the thermastat control box. It is now finished and temprarily installed. One for heating and one for fans. My mother is in town it is my sister and mothers Bday weekend and my nephews Bday is tuesday so I have gotten to a temporary stopping place till tomorrrow (tues) I have 3 benches in the GH with plants on them, but they are just set in there at the moment. I brought in the Dews, Pings and Utrics. The nepenthes are still outside well, all except for the cuttings they are in. My outside temos are still favorable only getting down to 55 or so so they are still outside. I have two more walls to put the second layer of plastic on, but I am waiting till I get some more electrical done. The hard piping and rainwater pump are going to have to wait till I get more funds. So I see it being a work in progress over the next year to get it completely like I want it. More pictures soon I promise.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed it looks like youre Roof is kind of Concaved, arent you worried about the water pooling their?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast