Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Growing area revitalization

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i noticed that to...it may be the angle
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno he might get the idea and let us know whats going on with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is water pooling on the last two rafters. I just nocitced it when I put up the shade cloth. I don't think it is going to hurt anything this year. Not enough pools to do any harm I don't think. It still runs off. Next year I ap going to rent a paint sprayer and spray paint the entire structure and then cover the top atleast with twin wall polycarbinate sheeting. It is rigid and will not let water pool like the poly film does. I am keeping my fingers crossed over the winter, and hopefully it will hold up. Like I said not much water is able to pool because of the angle, but there is some poolage.

I am also working on getting the thing finished. My mother was in town and I have had things to do. I work tonight and tomorrow. I will be working on it Fri morning after work and the gym. Since this weekend is suposed to be cold. I also kinda ran out of funds on this paycheck and am waiting till I get paid again. I need to guy some new hooks and chains to hold up the pipe I plan to use for hanging my hanging stuff on the rafters. Its getting there. The thing is functional now with all the temp wiring for the fans and heaters if I had to do a code blue and move all the plants into the GH for a cold night. It is just not how I want it yet. Still two walls to cover with the second layer, but I need to get wiring done first.

Yall want it done faster come over and help. He he. It would be nice if this was all I had to worry about, but alas it is not and I do have to work and finish other things too.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Keep in mind it is not totally finished yet, but the temps warrant plants get moved in so here is what I have so far.

I have one more bench to finish, but my drill died, and I have to get some things to hang the poles so I can hang the hanging plants from the rafters.

And these are the two control boxes that I use to control the electrical sockets that the fans and heaters are connected to. The clean new looking one is the thing I was working on when I put the hole in my finger!!!

Enjoy. More to come when I get things more organized. Finally clean up has started to. So hopefully my yard will be back to normal too. No more wood piles!!!!!!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AWESOME!

Your cynoches looks a little droopy, but everything else looks like they made the transition great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW!! Dude that is awsome. Can we get a close-up of pic #6 (the tote full of pots) ?
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes please Number six!

Man.. I want a Green house 10x as much now!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another call for a closer picture of 6. What is the green? Did you just fill the bin with peat and spagh and it's growing peat moss?

Great looking GH. Paint me jealous.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast