Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My new and improved Nep tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

I'm just about finished with my new Nep tank. I have one more addition on the way (N. aristolochioides) and then it will be complete. Once it arrives, I will have 19 total Neps in this 20 gallon (long).

For those of you who are interested, the tank is illuminated by a cheap shoplight fixture that holds two 40 watt cool white tubes.

It's so exciting because I think I've finally gotten somewhat of a hold on Nep watering and my Neps are beginning to thrive because of it. It's taken a lot of trial and error but it's definitely been worth it. Most of these Neps are in a state of recovery since my collection took a dive about two months ago. They're the remaining survivors, but many of them are starting to reward me by putting out tons of new growth. I hope to see new pitchers within the month.

Here it is:

I hope to post a picture of my other 20 gallon soon. It holds all my sundews, my Cephs, my one Heli, a single Ping, and a lot more Neps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to go. It looks a little crouded and doesn;t give them much room to grow much withouth tangling with others, but it is nice now. What are you going to do when they start to get bigger?
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]What are you going to do when they start to get bigger?
    I'll probably just buy a bigger tank. But I've always been a fan of the "jungle" look, so I hope they do well enough to get tangled! Haha!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good deal then. To each their own. I like neat and tidy plants that keep to themselves.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say I'm a fan of both styles of growing. But recently I've come to the conclusion that I'm officially a Nep-a-holic, and the tangled jungle look allows me to grow more plants within the confined space of my terrariums.

I swear, my Nep obsession just snuck up on me. Sundews used to be the only CP I would grow! Dang it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL well, better you only being hooked on one genera. I am hooked on them all and want to collect as many of each species I can! I am just drooling over some on a website that I would love to order! I would love to trade with you when you get some of yours up in size and they can be devided!
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a back and forth thing for me, like I had wanted to do drosera, but now its NEPS

NEPS NEPS NEPS!