Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electronic Ballasts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Nov. 10 2006,1:46)]The dots indicate where wires are spliced together.

The yellow gets split into 4 and goes to the 4 pins on the left side of 2 lamps(2pins/lamp) One red wire gets split into 4 and goes to the 4 pins on the left side of the other two tubes.

Now for the opposite (right side).
    Each blue wire, should be three, gets split into 2 and goes to the the 2 pins on the right side of a single tube. Same thing for the other red wire. The diagram shows blue opposite each yellow and one blue and one red opposite the red.
    Do note that this ballast is capable of lighting 4 lamps. I want to wire it this way.

So what I'm going to have basically is 2 shoplights lit up by 1 ballast.

And there's only 2 blue wires.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you list what color wires and how many of each? The diagram in the pdf does show only 2 blue and doesn't list the color of the one wire that goes to the fourth bulb.

The wiring diagram should be right on the ballast. Does it look exactly like the picture in the pdf?
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tony,

That is the only diagram I can find for it online. It is the same as the one on the ballast itself but it is squished a little.

Left side of ballast: Black/White wire (LINE)

On the right side of the ballast are 2 groupings:

Group 1: Red/Red/Yellow

Group 2: Blue/Blue/Yellow

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AHHH ok I messed up. The diagram in the PDF shows the color of the other wire. They are offset though in the diagram so they don't line up with the actual drawing.

Each Yellow wire gets split into 4 and goes to the left side of 2 tubes (4 pins total)

Each red and blue wire get split into 2 and go to the tube opposite the yellow.

The diagram shows 2 of the red connected to two tubes connected to one of the yellow wires and the 2 blue connected to the two tubes connected to the other yellow. IE group 1 and group 2 as you put it.

T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Nov. 12 2006,12:56)]AHHH ok I messed up. The diagram in the PDF shows the color of the other wire. They are offset though in the diagram so they don't line up with the actual drawing.

Each Yellow wire gets split into 4 and goes to the left side of 2 tubes (4 pins total)

Each red and blue wire get split into 2 and go to the tube opposite the yellow.

The diagram shows 2 of the red connected to two tubes connected to one of the yellow wires and the 2 blue connected to the two tubes connected to the other yellow. IE group 1 and group 2 as you put it.

T
    Thanks tony, I feel confident giving this a whirl now . Now to figure out what gauge this wire is so I can buy some wire :X.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the pdf you should use 18awg (gauge) minimum and can run the leads up to 18'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12