Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my simple terrarium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice terrarium--the plants look pretty healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]So what do people do when their neps outgrow the terrarium? Do they build a bigger grow chamber or acclimate them to a outside hanging basket or windowsill?
    I grow them on a grow rack. Some are in plastic tubs sitting on moist pebbles. Those that need higher humidity to pitcher have a plastic cover over the tub. The grow rack has moveable shelves which is good for when the plants grow. It's 4'Wx18"Dx6'H. Lots of space, highly efficient, and cheap.

I keep my fans on 24/7 for terrarium plants, and on only when the lights are on for my grow rack plants.

Ken
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Peanuts1gang,

I just posted a question in another thread about ventilating a minigreenhouse. I just noticed in your picture you had a cpu fan. Can I ask how you have it hooked up? Aren't the fan motors DC? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dwight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (boomfiziks1 @ Nov. 15 2006,6:53)]Dear Peanuts1gang,

I just posted a question in another thread about ventilating a minigreenhouse. I just noticed in your picture you had a cpu fan. Can I ask how you have it hooked up? Aren't the fan motors DC? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dwight
    well dwight, i went to radio shack to get a universal dc thing that as different voltages you can switch to. i striped the wires off that and put them together and wala. i set the dc voltage to 9, the lower you go, the slower the fan blows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Nov. 14 2006,2:42)]Nice terrarium Peanuts.

What kind of lighting do you have for that tank?
    i believe they are t6. one cool white and one warm light. i bought the whole fixture and lights from a hydroponic store

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (boomfiziks1 @ Nov. 15 2006,6:53)]Dear Peanuts1gang,

Thanks,
    Dwight
    i've been wondering this as well
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12