User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'VE GOT THE POWER!!! PICS INSIDE!!!!

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really useful links there JLP. Thanks soo much. its expensive....but seems to include everything one can need for a CP terrarium. I guess that 56 watt fixture with one tube is what I will be considering when I make a new terrarium next summer.

Are there anything which are cheaper still. Lol! yeah....I want to try and save as much money as i can without compromising the thriving plants. My present terrarium is a survival and growth experiment. The next has to be a habitat representation.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    April?

the odyssea fixtures are cheaper but not quality. I think i got mine (before I read the bad reviews!) for 50-60 bucks or so. 24", 65 watts.

I'd save up the money and get the most watts you can afford. Also, PC lights are more intense by nature. 65 watts of PC is more powerful than 65 watts of NO. you will also need to replace the 50/50 bulb if one comes with it.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol! sorry......I meant to write Apilll ...but lol came out april,

I am sorry... u have to explain what PC and NO is. Yeah! I like the AHsupply website. They seem to have a good list of fixtures and lights. Once I do make a new setup next summer...I guess I will start from there. but I can't help but ask.....is there a way to get those kind of lights from a regular hardware store?? because shipping is such a $ and a issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO is what you are using now. Normal output.

PC is powercompact. It's a tube that's been folded in half.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a Fluorex lamp. I special order them through my local TrueValue branch for about $30 a pop. They're about 7"x10" and one could easily light your tank - they burn 65W and are roughly equivalent to a very-high-output (VHO) lamp like a 500W metal halide. They're based on high output/power compact fluorescent lamps, like Clint is talking about. I use two with my highland Neps and I'm getting reds and purples out of plants that aren't even supposed to develop leaf pigment.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should consider them to be 65 watts, not 500. Otherwise everyone would light their reef tanks with them

You have to consider that there is a LOT of restrike and thus lost light with those due to the shape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant to ask this a while ago but, what plants do you have in there?

I see D. adalae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do de lee do... D adelae, D capensis giant typical and albino, D. "marsons dragon", D. madagascariensis, Mystery utrics, U. Reinformis "enfant terribles", Cephalotus, D. paradoxa, D. falconeri, P. "titan", there used to be an N. truncata x ventricosa in there (the big one) but I gave it away,

A paph, a couble of brassavolas (nodosa and cucullata), mystery cattleyas, a couple of bulbo's that I can't remember, darwinasa charm "blue star" , a phal, and now two more orchids And genlisea , too.

Oh yeah and some Java fern and a crypt wendetiii I'm growing emergent. All of my sarracenia, temperate drosera and Dionaea are up in the mountains at out lake house.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast