Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moms rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so, i come home from work today to my mom with a twisted grin on her face. "hey mom, whats up?" "oh nothing, come downstairs though. i need to ask you a question"... this is usually followed by "kill this mouse!".

anyway i get downstairs and theres a friggin brand new one hundred and twenty gallon aquarium sitting on my bed. she knew i was having space issues inside my uh, 20 gallon tank. she splurged i guess. truly awesome! but im presented with a few dilemmas.

the first is medium of height. i need something OTHER then cups and tableware to boost my plants up close to the lights. what do you guys use?

secondly, air circulation. now that i have the room for it (and a large screen TV to entertain the plants), how do i rig up a computer fan to stir it up a bit in there?

finally, i like using reflectors in my terrarium, mirrors on the walls and whatnot, but im gonna screw everything up if i try to put in mylar again. do you guys have any ideas for that?

thanks a bunch!
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow! very nice!

I use metal halide. I've got a 250 watter over my tank.

An easy way and a way to get more circulation is to get a 4-5 inche fan from wal-mart. Mine's pink

I believe there is a spray on stuff at michaels. It's like, you spray it on glass or plastic, then when it dried you turn ot over and there's a perfect mirror finish.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    to take advantage of even more space, and have the lights closer.. Lay the tank on its side. So the bottom is the back, and the front is open. Then you also don't have to move the lights to get inside. I know there are people around here that use that method... hopefully they'll chime in and give more info than I have.. but mine is a good start
    Have fun with it!!!
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does that seriously work? wouldnt they lose all their humidity?
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tamlin put plastic to cover the front. If you are using flourecent lights (especially if the ballast is not enclsoed) you shouldn't have a problem of over heating. You can easily monitor the humidity and cover/uncover what you need to in order to maintain the correct temp and humidity levels for your plants.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    neat trick. i think i'll make some glass doors

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Meaven @ Dec. 15 2006,3:39)]the first is medium of height. i need something OTHER then cups and tableware to boost my plants up close to the lights. what do you guys use?
    I use these crate things sometimes called "coke flats." They are similar to milk crates only about six inches tall and would hold about 6 2-liter coke bottles. If you decide against turning the aquarium on the side you might be able to find these at a local catering operation. Nice present. Once you get it filled up you'll have to post some pics!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I'd turn that into a saltwater setup! But hey... congratulations!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast