0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that sounds like it might work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you guys think I could spend about $120 and get a nice grow shelf like you guys? Then I would have room for something else live where I currently have my Nep's.

Maybe I could get like 3 for Nep's on a lower shelf... and 2 for the Top for things like Dews? so the set up would be similar to yours Drosera36 with the bright bulbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shelf I have is around 80 bucks or so, and I 'spose with two light fixtures, yeah, it would come to around 120 bucks. Maybe more like 140 bucks.

Heh, here's another question, would it be better to replace the dimmer, normal bulbs with the brighter bulbs, or is it better to have more of a spectrum rather than more lumens? (3050 lumens x4 and 6500k as apposed to 2250 lumens x4 and 5000k, or 6500k and 5000k together.)
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a 4' light fixture and only cost me $8.00 at walmart. And there made in the USA if that counts for anything. Nepenthes_ak the shelf is really worth the money, mine hasnt rusted yet and the shelves are made so you can hang stuff from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah man, why didn't ya tell me earlier? lol, I spent more money than I needed to, now I'm broke. Lol.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet im gonna get at least 5 or so lights at wally world!

cant find any on their website...

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Jayson16 @ Dec. 27 2006,9:36)]Nepenthes_ak the shelf is really worth the money, mine hasnt rusted yet and the shelves are made so you can hang stuff from them.
    I get mine at sams club, for 80 or 100 bucks. There are a few versions of this shelf that all look the same. I get the ones that are 800lbs per shelf. There are other versions that are 600 and 400 lbs per shelf... (Any of those are strong enough for cps i'd say ) Mine never rusted either... Untill they went in the g/h where the 1000psi fogging system sprayed water directly on them many many many times a day. So far it is just barely some surface rust though.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People say they've had good luck with a mixture of 6500K and 4100K bulbs. I think the difference is that 6500Ks give off a spectrum closer to solar output, but 4100K output has more useable light for plants. Aynthing with a high CRI (Color Rendering Index) should work well. If you're limited in light output, you can make up for it somewhat with longer photoperiods. I'm having pretty good luck growing under 4 x 32W 6500K T8 fluorescents, with the plants about 18 inches below the lights, lights on 14 hours a day. Search the web for some of these terms, and you should get decent results. Hope this helps...

Oh, check this site. Just imagine the plants you want to grow are photos. Also notice in the graphs toward the bottom how the 4100K bulb puts out less light over the whole spectrum, but much more in the red and blue bands, where plants are using the most light...
    http://www.edbergphoto.com/pages/Tip-fluorescents.html

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast