What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got the shelf :D

Nice setup Ben! How much did that monster Nep cost? It's awesome!

Thanks, Mitch. It cost about 20 bucks, actually.
Oo.gif

Caplock, where do you get your plant trays? I can't seem to find any sort of trays anywhere, not even the boot trays. Would a nursery have them?

-Ben

Nice looking shelf! I would also get a powerstrip because having an "octopus" like that is definately a fire hazard. I know I've seen some items on the news already about fires caused by overdoing Christmas lights like that (only probably ten times more plugs in one socket (Holes!)). Better safe than sorry though. I'm sure your mom would appreciate your being safe and might get the "motivation" to take you somewhere to get a powerstrip and then you can look for some of the other stuff there!

xvart.

Yay
dscn2528.jpg

AND a timer?
smile.gif

And cause it looked nice (from yesterday)

DSCN2518.jpg

-Ben

I guess you already got the powerstrip! I bet your brother will be happy his room has not burned down and maybe not so happy that his room is filled with light and CPs!

I am cringing with jealousy!

xvart.

Heh, he sorta is ok with it, I think.

Then I shall get a greenhouse, then I'll make a business, and then you'll have to buy my stuff! HahAHAH!!

*cough*

Ok I'm done.

-Ben

$20 is a great price for such a huge Nep. I've never seen Neps of that size at my local Home Depot, although even if I did I wouldn't have the room for one!

I saw plant trays at Lowe's 11 x 24 x 2 inches I think, heavy vacuformed plastic, $0.97 a pop.

Keeps on looking nicer and nicer Ben. Glad ya got the power strip and timer. Lookin good

Jayson.

<div>
(Not a Number @ Dec. 31 2006,6:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I saw plant trays at Lowe's 11 x 24 x 2 inches I think, heavy vacuformed plastic, $0.97 a pop.</div>
Hmmm.... I checked my Lowes before, I don't think there's any trays there... What section did ya look in? In the plant section, there's only Christmas stuff now, plus some houseplants and things. Not much.

-Ben

You can get some nylon tie strips and think about strapping the power strip to one of the posts or under one of the shelves (just plan around water spills/leakage). That's what we did in the computer room at work.

You might look into a Ground Fault Interrupter breaker between the wall socket and the power strip too. Just a little added protection if you do get a water spill.

Ok, thanks. I'll look into that. What section of Lowes did you see the trays in?

-Ben

Just outside the main garden section, in the store proper, where they have all the peat growing pots and seed trays, pesticides etc. The set up varies from store to store but generally they're around where the main store enters the garden section.

They were black plastic.

Another thing you might check into are trays for windowsill planters. Those are usually around $5 or less.

Yeah, I'd have to check in spring. They only have the trays and stuff in spring with the huge seed columns. Dang this temperate climate!

-Ben

Well, I came across a CP grower's heaven...sort of.

www.hydroponicgarden.com

They have trays that are 10" x 20" and trays that are 11" x 11". They also have mylar! Which would be more efficient? The shelf is 48 inches long, about 17 inches wide.

I'll use this as a last resort because it's over the internet, but they are very cheap, and they look pretty good.

EDIT: I've been told that there's a hydroponic place here in good 'ol Rochester, called Harvest Moon. It's only 10 minutes away, I'll try there tommorow.

EDIT (again): There's also Sunset Hydroponics, which is a little bit farther. I'll try to check these both out tommorow if they aren't closed.

-Ben

Drosera36 – I’ve been looking all over for a tray that measures around 13” x 38” x 3” and wouldn’t you know it but hydroponicgarden.com has a 13” x 40” x 3”! It’s not cheap, but it’s a great fit. Thanks for the link!

That's my job.
biggrin.gif

But, I can't seem to find shipping information on that site, and when I try to register, it doesn't work. Is this the same for you?

-Ben

Heh, never mind, it seems I've made an account.
rock.gif

Still no shipping info, though.

-Ben

Yeah, it seems their site is currently busted. I left them a note. It looks like their link to UPS isn't working so they can't calculate the shipping so you can't place an order. Hopefully it will be working next year.
wink.gif.gif

Drosera36 – it’s working now. Shipping ain’t cheap either, but they have what I need!

Back