Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pH

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RO is fine.....

Your PH is not going to be a problem unless you are watering with very hard water, and then the PH is the least of your worries. You guys worry over the littlest things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BigCarnivourKid – thanks for the link. I didn’t know there was a “natural” way to keep the pH down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JustLikeAPill – for me pH is an easy thing to check and adjust since I already own a pH meter that I use for other interests, so if there’s a benefit to look at it and adjust it then why not? I guess if it doesn’t make any difference at all then why waste my time?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because peat is an acidic substance. You can test if you want and do little experiments if you wish, but I don't think it'll matter unless you are using buffered water somehow.

By all means test it out and report your findings! I'd be interested in hearing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JustLikeAPill – since I already have the meter I’m sure I will perform some measurements and adjustments. Unfortunately, since all of my plants share the same water tray it will be impossible to tell if watering different plants with a different pH makes a difference.

If I’m feeling ambitious I may try to divide the tray so I can experiment. I still have some time before its growing season again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12