What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

glasscages.com?

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
Has anyone purchased one of their terrariums?.... opinons?

Im considering the 65 or 90gal with the sliding glass front doors with both the screened top and acrylic top.

The price seems decent IMHO, and it would only be about a 6-7 hr drive roundtrip

http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=6

TIA,
Av

I've heard a lot about them so I assume they are good.

WOW! I just looked at their prices and I'm very, VERY impressed compared to a real aquarium from a retailer!

Thats what I thought JLAP, I cant get a 55gal at wal mart for that price... much less with the sliding doors

man it would look good in my living room LOL

It's interesting how if you want a smaller tank, you pay more but if you want a bigger one you save a LOT of money.

I suggest you buy the 120 gallon. Take it from me, it may only be 6 inches wider but you'll REALLY thank yourself for spending an extra 50 bucks. Width inches are worth gold , really increases living space, especially for terrestrial species. Depth is very important for landscaping and creating a natural look.

hmmm, that's a thought.... bigger is better ey :)

hmmm, that's a thought.... bigger is better ey :)

Bigger is better! That is a sweet deal there. I wonder what shipping is.

xvart.

That is an awesome price if you don't want to build one yourself

Funny you should post this, as i just bought a sliding glass front terrarium from them. I picked it up near our local airport.

I bought a size that was not listed, 36 x 36 x 18 deep.
I'm very happy with it! It seems very well built and sturdy.
I haven't seen this one available anywhere locally.

It appears that the reptile folks like this resource.

I bought it based on the example of a vivarium found on Black Jungle website. They have step by step examples of how to assemble this 'vertical' planted terrarium!
Peter.

Great Peter,

exactly what i was hoping for, can you post some pics please

Cheers'
Av

man it would look good in my living room LOL

Man, that would look awesome in my living room! I have the perfect spot. I even had enough guts to mention it to my wife, and she said maybe with our tax return... However, I think she was just saying that because her mother was around and she wanted to seem like she wasn't smashing my dreams!

xvart.

Av, i will plan on taking pics as i assemble this. I think it will be a tropical terrarium with some bromeliads, orchids, rare ferns and maybe some CP's too!
Peter.

kewl, it will be a month or two before I could purchase one anyways... dang property taxes, insurance etc etc... everybody has their hand out this time of year

look forward to watching your progress!

thanks!
Av

Back