What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Greenhouse pictures.

well when you get to that point, just hollar.... ill point ya in the right direction and write the ladder logic for ya... or have my students do it LOL

"now class.... today we have a special project..... ;) )

one plc can control you whole operation, including emergency backup systems, alarms for low temp, high temp, low water, high water etc etc etc

competely flexible

Av

WOW!! I had no clue. That would be great! Since I plan on having a rain water tank and all that jazz when I finaly get out of nursing school. I will definately have to keep that in mind, and give your class a special project. Since I plan on having multiple systems, with multiple things needing automated. When the time comes I will order the system you recomend and let your class do the programming. Good hands on if I do say so. Thanks for the offer!!

What do you teach? Sounds liek an interesting class to take just to know the material. I am always interesting in electronics and things. I just wouldn;t want to do it for a living I don't think. I would much rather be operating on someone or growing my plants. I hope to be a good sized nursery 5 or 6 years after I get finished with nursing school then I can do that for a living instead. :-O

for the last few years I have taught mainly fluid power classes, I left industry about 8 yrs ago to teach.... a long time love of mine, the money bites but I do love it

sometimes I dont know when to stop being a teacher LOL

:)

Av

Teach away AV teach away!! I hope your still teaching by the time I need my PLC setup. If your not teaching formerly I would love to be a student so I can set it up myself. It is just going to be a few years before I am ready to make that leap though. Nursing school starts in August so from then on it will be 2 years before I have much time for myself!. LOL

That's a nice looking greenhouse Josh. There is too much space, however, taken up by "normal" plants :poke:. Your Droseras look fantastic. I can't get capensis to grow really well here. Your area gets hotter than mine. I don't know what the deal is.

MFH. To be honest my GH rarely gets above 80 degrees this time of year, and they look better now than they did during the summer I do believe. It seems like all the drosera are doing better with temps between 80 and 55 degrees F.

I grew my capensis in full sun with the Sarracenia. Maybe I should've put them inside the greenhouse with the Nepenthes. They don't like it here in the Summer either.

I've never had a problem with heat, even on consecutive days where it's almost 100/over 100.

One time it was 108 (I kid you not!) and they were fine.

See...it never breaks 100 here. hardly ever gets into the upper 90s.

I have noticed that the capensis and capilaris I have outside with the Sarrs are much smaller then the GH grown plants. They are doing fine I assume. I planted some extra ones there for the heck of it to see what happend. I would assume they like high light, but dirrect full sun seems to make them grow smaller and slower in my experience.

Back