Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question about setup/plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at bulbs on bulbs.com, and the pricing is really confusing. For example, it goes from $20 for a 40+ watt bulb, to a few bucks for a 30 watt bulb. I was looking at the fluorescent screw in bulbs or compact fluorescent (whatever they're called).
    I'll see if they have anything at the local hardware store, and if not, I'll go to Lowe's or Home Depot.
    And thanks for answering my questions so thoroughly, but I'll still have more soon.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really suggest you get a shoplight instead of a CF. REALLY suggest it. You won't regret it

You also need to look at the K rating on those bulbs. You want something around 6500K (Called Daylight).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, as I said before, I do have a roughly 2.5 foot light fixture that I can use that my dad will not be using in a week, as soon as he installs the other light for his fish. I think it holds 3 lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am strongly considering buying a N. Ventricosa from dealer X. Is there that much of a difference between the 3 inch and 4 inch? Is it worth it to spend almost 2 times as much on 4 inch?
    Last edited by nepenthes gracilis; 03-02-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Supplier link removed

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We aren't supposed to talk about suppliers.

All I can say is that if you want home depot will have big ones for like 15 bucks . They are common and grow fast so you never know someone who sees this might just give you a cutting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks for telling me that or I might have posted it everywhere or something. Probably not though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not start with some tough plants, Drosera capensis comes to mind. Maybe a couple of the cube of death's. I personally can't get the terrariums to work for me. Space and lighting are inconducive for their use. A 4' shoplight and a plastic under-the-bed box will do wonders for you. Practice and try different things till you find what will work for your space and budget.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might try those too. My experience with N. Ventricosa (I'm 90% sure that's what I had twice) was that it could be left in the most dry, cold, lightless place and live. For example, I put it in the bathroom for a month or two, because I thought it would be humid there, and it started growing more leaves even with almost no sunlight. The rest of the time they grew in the windowsill and randomly died all at once.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast